Difference between revisions of "Template:Events"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Added link to the vote page)
(updating apparent consensus :))
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
<!-- ======================================= -->
<!-- ======================================= -->
*'''August 2021''' [[Hitchgathering/2021|European Hitchgathering
*'''August 2021'''[[Hitchgathering/2021|European Hitchgathering]] of and . Read the page for more information
Revision as of 14:32, 2 June 2021
- From August 2nd, 2021, all hitchhikers are invited to come to the 2021 European Hitchgathering at La Framondié, France. As usual, there will be a number of pre- and post-gatherings all over Europe. Read the page for more information!
- December 2020 Solstice/New Year's Gathering proposed in Italy. Join the mailing list to participate in the discussion!
15-23 August 2020 9th European Hitchhiking Competition (EHC2020) from Vienna to Tbilisi. More info on canceled
- 3-8 August 2020 Hitchflygathering - Hitch Gathering near la Dune du Pyla (France) with possibility to hitch a ride on a tandem flight. May continue for one more week.
- 2-mid August 2020 Scandinavian Hitch Gathering 2020 - As the name says, in Svullrya, Norway.
17-18 July 2020 BreakOut 2020 - 36h charity travel competition. Starting from Munich, Berlin and Cologne, Germany. More info on canceled
- 4-7 July 2020  Conference Panel - "Autostop/hitchhiking: socio-spatial understandings" at the Anthropology and Geography: Dialogues Past, Present and Future conference (London).
- 11-19 April 2020 Trustroots Hackweek. Due to present circumstances the hackweek will be focussing on online meetups and the real life gathering is postponed.
15 March 2020 REISMARKT: the travel fair for independent travellers, Bruges, Belgium. There will be a panel discussion (in dutch) on hitchhiking at 12h30. More info on canceled
- 30 December 2019 - ? NYE Hitch Gathering French/Swiss border https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/46.57263/6.12707 on the 31st (30th in Bern - join the discussion on the riseup list for more info - https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/hitch
- 7-8 December 2019 - HungaroHitch organizes a hitchhiking race in Hungary, starting from Budapest. Registration and more info on our webpage or Facebook.
- 29.Nov. - 01.Dec 2019 - Trustroots organizes a hackathon / hacking collective in Barcelona. Some people will stay longer then the 1st Dec. in case you come late.
- 20-26 July 2019 BLAF 2019 yearly hitchhiking competition in Denmark.
- August 2019 European Hitchgathering starting in Denmark at the beginning of August and moving to Albania around the middle of the month. (Read more).
- 31 July - 4 August 2019 HitchFest 2019 in Portugal! The HitchFest is back, to deepen our sharing around travel, ecology, activism, art and self-discovery. Like the page, join the event and support the crowdfunding!
- 3-11 August 2019 After traveling Istanbul, Lisbon, Palermo, Thessaloniki, Baku and the cold North Cape last year, we will hitchhike this year from Gdańsk (Poland) to Santiago de Compostela (Spain). Free, cool people, big adventure (FB).
- 16 - 31 August 2019 Tramprennen 2019 - hitchhiking-race from Germany to Romania! More information on Tramprennen.org
- 27-31 August 2019 IUAES2019 CFP - Hitchhiking: affect, spaces and stories. An academic panel will discuss hitchhiking in the end of August in Poland. We will hitch to the event, and try an organise some activity during the event. For more information, visit here or email me at [email protected] - username Subaculture on CS/BW etc.
- 22-24 June 2019 6th Swiss Hitchhiking Championship: As every year we will start in the little bilingual town Fribourg (not to confound with Freiburg in Germany ;) ) and will hitchhike in teams of 2 people to a surprise destination. Participation is free. Register here.
- 1-2 June 2019 - HungaroHitch organizes a hitchhiker race in Hungary, starting from Budapest. Registration and more info on our website or FB.
- 30 May - 3 June 2019 - Hitchhiker Gathering in Tosor, Kyrgyzstan: Let's meet at the southern shore of Issyk Kul lake. There are plenty of abandoned beaches and hitchhiking is pretty easy in this area. The mountains just some hundered meters away. FB or Trustroots Meeting
- 8 June 2019 Pentecost race - Hitchhiking: Starting from Dresden, Germany we hitch hike around 400km to a wonderful, yet still secret destination that will be announced at the start of the event. Although strictly, it's a race, we basically hitchhike for fun and for the sake of meeting new people. Around 50 teams/100 participants can join. Visit our website for more information/to join!
- 27 April - 6 May 2019 - Same as every year, 6 different size hitchhiking races start from different locations in Poland, going mostly southwards. More info at events sites: AutoStopRace MMA Wyścig Autostopem KrakoStop PoliRajd Autostop Challange
- 2 February 2019 We're trying to set up a hitchhikers gathering in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Saturday, February 2nd. If you're around and you'd like to join, shout out on our event on Couchshurfing website.
- 25-27 January 2019 Competitive autostop winter race organized by the DTSG in the Rhön mountains (central Germany). More information on their website in English. Everybody welcome to participate!
- 1 January 2019 Roadtrip to Marokko - Anyone interested in joining a hitchhiking trip down to Marokko? I am a real hippie guy who wants to get out of the cold! I will be starting in Hamburg in Germany and I want to be in Marokko for a few months. Greets Nick email:[email protected]
- 30 December 2018 Hitchhiking to Sweden from Gronigen I am a student in Groningen. I would like to do hitchhiking form Groningen to Bremen, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Malmo and Helsinborg. Feel free to contact me rmznprmks[email protected]
- 29 December - 1 January 2018 - Italian Alps NYE Gathering at Casera Presoldon: Stunning views, cozy chimney fire, food from the trash, sledging, skiing, hiking in snow.... We're a bunch of hitchhikers meeting at this place and you can come too!
- October - December 2018 - Trustroots is hosting a Hackathon somewhere in the south of Portugal, Algarve, or the West Andalusia region of Spain, near the frontier for interested people to contribute with some volunteering mainly for Trustroots, but also a good place for people that want to get into the background of HitchWiki. Check out the details here!
- 8 December 2018 - A Hitchhiker's Guide to Hitchhiking in Ice and Snow - talk about hitchhiking in snow, ice and cold temperatures + story telling from a collective trip to North Cape in January this year at 4pm at Thiembuktu, Magdeburg. Sharing pictures, stories and practical info. You're welcome to stay for a small gathering.
- 8 December - 9 December 2018 - HungaroHitch organizes a hitchhiker race in Hungary, starting from Budapest. Registration and more info --> HungaroHitch.com
- 17 August - 1 September 2018 Tramprennen 2018 - hitchhiking-race from Germany, Austria and Switzerland to Bosnia! More information on Tramprennen.org
- 1-14 August 2018 - Hitchgathering 2018 in Razana near Kosjerić, Serbia (fb).
- 4-11 August 2018 - Competitive Hitchhiking Race by the Russian Club of Competitive Hitchhiking Клуб Спортивного Автостопа.
- 4-12 August 2018 - 7. European Hitchhike Competition from Leipzig to North Cape.
- 21-22 July 2018 - HungaroHitch hitchhiker race will be held on the 21-22nd of July, starting from Budapest, Hungary. More info on webpage .
- 20-22 July 2018 - DTSG will organize a pre-gathering in Rimske Toplice, Slovenia. Come join us!
- 8-9 June 2018 - BreakOut no.5: In 36 hours. In teams of two. Without money. As far as possible. For a good cause. Start is in Berlin, München or Barcelona.
- 20-25 June 2018 - Midsummer Hitchgathering in Sweden. Legal camping at a lake with a rock for climbing.
- 23-25 June 2018 - 5th Swiss Hitchhiking Championship, as always start in Fribourg and as always completely for free.
- 2-5 July 2018 - Barcelona Express from Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris to Barcelona.
- 2-3 June 2018 - Second edition of the Mad Jacques hitch hiking race and festival, starting from Paris, Lyon, Nantes, Lille and other cities in France and going to Chéniers, Creuse. Gathering more than 1,000 participants.
- 19-20 May 2018 - BALTIJA-100 Hitchhiking Race, in Lithuania and around.
- 18-21 May 2018 - Abgefahren Hitchhiking Race, somewhere in Germany.
- 28- April 2018 - DTSG: Second competitive Hitchhiking race 2018, somewhere in middle Germany.
- 30 March - 1 April 2018 - Competitive Hitchhiking Race across the Baltic islands of North East Germany.
- 1st January 2018 - New Years Eve Gathering at Cape North: Looking at Aurora, hiking to the real North Cape in extreme conditions, socializing with the locals and being together in a small group. Check the mailinglist for contact, the Piratepad for more info. Pregathering at Uppsala in a nice public hut location & infos. FB-Event.
- 16-17th December 2017 - Hitchhiker race in Hungary brought by HungaroHitch. Join the two days long adventure of COLDHITCH --> Facebook page.
- 11 November 2017 Bournemouth University are running a seminar on hitchiking and micro-adventures. Still looking for speakers and attendees (free). See NomadX or register for a ticket on Eventbrite
- 31 October 2017 Any hitchhikers travelling through or visiting Momtenegro Tuesday 31 October, are invited to "Celts New Year Party" at the famous "Caffe Berlin, Njegoseva 24, old town, Podgorica, limited hosting avilable, contact ChriSenergY23.
- 5 - 8 October 2017 VIIIth Annual Polish Hitchhikers gathering in Biały Brzeg. See FB event
- 30 September - 02 September & 07 October - 09 October - Pouce d'Or - Going as far as possible in 48 hours and coming back, only hitchhiking ! 600 participants and 30 European (mostly French) universities are waited for this 19th edition !
- 15 September - 17 September 2017 - Two-day DTSG Competitive Hitchhiking Race in the Wendland area, Northern Germany. More information to follow.
- 3 September - 7 September 2017 - Post Gathering, Macedonia, Mt. Plachkovica
- September 2017 - European Hitchgathering 2017 part 3 in Shipot, Ukraine
- 30 August - 3 September - Post-gathering at Kesselberg near Berlin
- 24 August - 29 August - Hitchhiker's camp at Ende Gelaende climate action
- 18 August - 2 September 2017 - Tramprennen 2017 - a hitchhiking race across Europe- goes on different routes to the Baltic region! More information on tramprennen.org
- August 2017 -- 2017 Hitchgathering: The 10th year anniversary will be a special Transeuropean Hitchgathering which starts at the HitchFest in Portugal, continues with the main Hitchgathering at Traumschule in Germany and finishes with a post-gathering in Shipot, Ukraine.
- 12 August - 20 August 2017 -- European Hitchhiking Competition 2017 - 6th edition from Dresden, Germany to Casablanca, Morocco
- 7 August - 13 August 2017 -- Marathon de pouce - Second edition of the marathon all around Gaspésie, Quebec
- 2 August - 6 August 2017 -- HitchFest will gather hitchhikers in Portugal: 4 days for having fun, sharing skills and experiences, with presentations, concerts, workshops and therapies. Join the fb event!
- 14 July - 16 July 2017 - HungaroHitch is an international hitchhiker race. 3 days of adventure, starting from Budapest, Hungary! Check out our Facebook page.
- 07 July - 10 July 2017 - 4th Swiss Hitchhiking Championship - A hitchhiking race in the alps. Join us, it's free. Check out also our video: Choose your scenario!
- July 2017 -- Hitchhikers are trying to set up a Hitchgathering in July or August in the province of Minas Gerais, Brazil. If you're around or you might be interested in joining or collaborate in the discussions, join the Brazilian hitchhikers group on Facebook.
- 10 June - 11 June 2017 - Mad Jacques - A hitchhiking race and festival gathering 1500 hitchhikers in France.
- 3 June 2017 - Abgefahren e.V. hitchhikers meeting in Northern Germany at the Kulturelle Landpartie in Neu Darchau.
- 25 May - 26 May 2017 - "Autostop" - art exhibition, discussion and film screening in Berlin. More information.
- 17 May - 21 May 2017 - Art of hitchhiking - The first exhibition that features contemporary artists inspired by hitchhiking (Warsaw, Poland). More information on artofhitchhiking.eu
- 29 Apr - 1 May 2017 -- Pre-Gathering in Bad Gastein, Austria -- More info here
- 30. December 2016 - 3 January 2017 - Vienna - Austria - NYE: Hey Hitchers! After last years very successful nye-gathering in Vienna I will revive it in the way that I invite all the lonely hitchers on the road around Vienna to share the next 2-3 days! I have 4 people already over and there might come the one or the other. FB Post in Hitchgathering Group. Prepare for free food from the dumpsters and a cozy atmosphere. Stick to the houserules, we are not having a drinking party although someone might have the one or the other zip of beer. It will be a safe space for everyone. Gathering will be dissolved on 3rd of Jannuary! Share with anyone on the road around Vienna if you know them! Contact: Facebook or email
- 28 December 2016 - 2 January 2017 - VIIIth Polish "Autostopowicze.org" New Years Camp, announcement on FB - charge 9 euro per night, up to 280 attendants capacity
- 29 December 2016 - 1 January 2017 - IIIrd Alternative Polish Hitch-Hikers New Years Camp - charge 5 euro per night, up to 100 attendants capacity
- 18 December 2016 - Radio documentary world premiere about the Abgefahren hitchhiking race (in German) and get-together at Federica, Reichenberger Str. 61, Berlin, Germany 6:30pm.
- 10 - 11 December 2016 - ColdHitch will be a hitchhiker race in Hungary, starting from Budapest, organized by HungaroHitch. Join our FB event.
- 25 - 27 November 2016 - Competitive autostop race and 5 year anniversary celebration of the DTSG around the Black Forest / South-West Germany. Start location Messkirch, info and registration here. Everybody welcome!
- "' 31 Sept- 1 Oct and 7-8 Oct '" Le Pouce d'Or, France (student event) : go as far as possible and come back in 48h only hitchiking & win the "challenge game" making awesome stuff !! See our facebook page for more informations :  and our website [ http://poucedor.org ] . If you want to join the event just send us an e-mail ([email protected]) or a message on facebook ! The last year we were 450 students and 25 universities, we are waiting for you for that year !!
- 29 September 2016 - Polish Hitchhikers gathering in Zaklików, Poland. See FB event
- 23 September 2016 - We're trying to plan a gathering of hitchhikers in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. Are you around? Join the CouchSurfing event and participate in setting up the best location for it.
- 19 August - 3 September 2016 - Tramprennen 2016 - a hitchhiking race across Europe- goes on 8 different routes from Halle (Saale) , Freising, Leutkirch and Innsbruck to Tsigov Chark in Bulgaria! More information on tramprennen.org
- 8-15 August 2016 - Marathon de Pouce de la Gaspésie
- 6/7 August 2016 (1-2 Weeks) - The European HitchGathering will be held in Norway.
- 1/2 August 2016 - Pre-gathering in the tiny village of Sakniava, Lithuania.
- 09 - 10 July 2016 - DTSG hitchhiking race in the Black Forest, Germany. Starting point is Gutach im Breisgau. Everybody welcome!
- 08 - 10 July 2016 - HungaroHitch is a 3 days long hitchhiker race starting from Budapest.
- 04 - 09 July 2016 - BLAF 2016 - a hitchhiking competition across Denmark - starts from Copenhagen and a new route through the country is revealed every morning. More information on their website.
- 02 - 03 July 2016 - A hitchhiking race from Riga to the Baltic sea coast: Īkšķojiens
- 23 - 30 June 2016 - The Canadian HitchGathering will be held in Keremeos, BC.
- 18 June 2016 - Czech hitchhiking championship from Prague to Primorsko in Bulgaria. Route goes via Kisinev in Moldavia, return via Dubrovnik.
- 10 - 13 June 2016 - The biggest hitchhiking race of the Nordics, Hitchball 4000, will be organized for the 4th time by the Finnish hitchhiking association HitchPro.
- 21 - 22 May 2016 - Lithuanian hitchhiking competition organised by Vilnius Hitchhiking club. FB event
- 13 - 16 May 2016 - The Abgefahren Hitchhiking Race starts this year from the Hanseatic city Hamburg to a secret location.
- 07 - 08 May 2016 - The 3rd Swiss Hitchhiking Championship will be held again in Fribourg. Organized by the Autostopp Verein Schweiz.
- December 2015 - 27th January 2016 — Nomadbase in Lisbon lisbon.nomadbase.org.
- 25 December '15 - ~5 January '16 — Christmas & NYE Gathering in Vienna Short-Term Nomadbase in Vienna around NYE: I invite anyone of you to spend time in here, the flat fits around 15-20 people (that would be reeeeally cozy :D), dumpsters are usually tremendously full these days, we can have fun in the city and celebrate the new year! End-Date is not fixed and will be updated accordingly. For questions: Facebook or email.
- 28-29 November — HungaroHitch announces ColdHitch, which will be a hitchhiker race and starts from Budapest, Hungary! Facebook.
- 1 October - 5 October — Hitchhiking Challenge to this year's Transeuropa Festival in Belgrad.
- 5/6 September 2015 -- Postgathering at Kesselberg near Berlin. Directions -- ask for Carlos
- 22 August - 6 September 2015 — This year going to Albania: the 8th Tramprennen for Viva Con Agua drinking water projects. See also facebook or Tramprennen.
- 1 July - 31 August 2015 — The Travel House, will be organized for the 4th time, this year in Athens, accommodation for free! The Travel Club is now collecting donations to make this possible. See Facebook event.
- 11 Aug — Trustroots Picnic in Berlin. We've got many of the people behind Trustroots, Hitchwiki, Nomadwiki & Trashwiki here in Berlin now so it's a good change to talk with us. event on FB
- 3 August 2015 - HitchgatheringLa Voulte sur Rhône, Ardèche, South-East France. FB event.
- 28th July - 31st July --- Pregathering in Fontpédrouse at the Hot Springs. Take a relaxing break before the main hitchgathering.
- 13-19 July 2015 — 2015 Yuba Hitchgathering Spend a week this summer hanging out on the river with other travelers near Nevada City, California.
- 18-19 July 2015 — Nomads Gathering Amsterdam. See the website or FB event.
- 18-19 July 2015 — HungaroHitch - A hitchhiker race starting from Budapest. See HungaroHitch on Facebook and www.hungarohitch.com
- 26 - 28 June 2015 - Competetive hitchhiking race of the DTSG in Allgäu/Germany. 
- 15 - 25 June 2015 - 2nd Czech Hitchhiking championship from Prague to Athens and back. Watch 12 teams online.
- 12 - 15 June 2015 - The biggest hitchhiking race of the Nordics, Hitchball 4000, will be organized for the 3rd time by the Finnish hitchhiking association HitchPro. See Facebook event
- 6 - 7 June 2015 -- Two long-standing hitchhikers invite to the celebration of their marriage at the Hitchhiker's Wedding & Pregathering celebrations at Kesselberg near Berlin.
- 4 - 5 June 2015 – BreakOut Munich: charity event and 36h hitching race in one. Check FB or the homepage.
- 22 - 25 May 2015 - This year's Abgefahren race starts in Cottbus to a yet secret location up to 400km far away.
- 16 - 17 May 2015 - Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club organises yearly Baltic hitching race. autostop.lt and FB event
- 14 February 2015 to ??? - Winter Hitchgathering in Turkey, read more from the pad.
- 8 December - 8 February 2014-2015 - We are coding the new Hitchwiki in Turkey this winter ! Help us to cover the expenses.
- 1st October - 22nd October 2014 Alexey Vorov tries to hitchhiking around the globe in 500 hours to promote peace and hospitality. An online live tracker to follow his route is available.
- 26th - 28th September 2014 - 1st Swiss Hitchhiking Championship, a fundraising project in collaboration with Viva con Agua. You can find further details here in german or in french. Event on FB. This event takes place in Fribourg in Switzerland, not to confound with Freiburg in Germany ;-)
- 27th September 2014 - Inaugural Oceanian Hitchgathering in Cedar Bay, Queensland, Australia. Event on FB.
- 18th - 21st September 2014 - 5th The Polish Hitchhikers Annual Gathering - The hitchhikers festival. We invite every hitchhiking soul willing to join us, you will not regret it. Event on FB. Place: "Stanica Harcerska Biały Brzeg" Kluczewsko, Poland. Map.
- 6th August - 28th September 2014 - TravelMakers Project: A hitchhiking project from Berlin to Istanbul combined with street arts and raising funds for social projects. Event on FB
- 16-30 August 2014 - Tramprennen 2014: A hitchhiking race from Würzburg to Macedonia.
- 9 August 2014, 10.00 CET - start of the 3rd year of the Czech hitch-hiking race. We start on tube station "Zličín" in Prague at 10 o´clock in the morning. Our race leads from Prague to Gibraltar. See more on FB
- 9 August 2014 - North American Hitchgathering in California. Bring your bathing suit! Event on FB.
- 3 August 2014 - Hitchgathering in Albania
- 31 July - 2 August 2014 - Hitchhiking camp on 20th Woodstock festival in Poland. Event on FB, map. Lineup and more information about this FREE festival here.
- 17-18th July 2014 - Para-academic workshop on 'Autonomobilities' including hitch-hiking. Hitch-hikers invited to talk about hitching. Event on FB
- 11-12 July 2014 - Pre gathering in German alps. Location will be somewhere in the Bavarian Alps, or maybe even just across the border in Austria. Event on FB
- 4 July 2014 - Pre Hitchgathering in Lofoten, Norway Event on FB
- 28 June 2014 - Movie screening and bonfire - a weekend gathering for hitchhikers in Hipstedt, close to Bremen.
- 1-20 June 2014 - Alps Nomad Hack Camp. Some people are gathering to work on different projects (hitchwiki, nomadwiki, and much more) in French Alps near Mens. Every hitchhiker is welcome to pass by, camp, maybe help, and have a good time. Send an email to [email protected] if you are interested.
- 16 June 2014 - Czech hitchhiking championship 2014: Prague - Gibraltar and back. More info on FB (only in Czech though).
- 6-9 June 2014 - The Abgefahren e.V. Hitchhiking Championship starts in Aachen. More infos and registration.
- 6 June 2014 - An international gathering for people who hitch their way to the football World Cup in Brazil. Event on FB.
- 6-8 June 2014 - Hitchball 4000 - a hitchhiking competition in Finland. Event on FB.
- 1-4 May 2014 - 7th race of the DTSG through the beautiful Franconian Switzerland in Bavaria (Germany). Duration about three days, More info here. (German)
- 1 May 2014 - The Great Scottish Hitchhike Race. Event on FB.
- Feb 2014 - Winter hitchgathering in Morocco . Information here and on this pad if you're interested. FB discussion.
- Dec 2013 - Jan 2014 - 2 months lasting hackathon on BeWelcome and Hitchwiki. Events on BW and FB.
- 27-29 September 2013 - 6th competitive autostop race by DTSG in Germany. Hitchhiking mixed with orienteering and exploring of (un)known regions. Location: Sauerland area, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany). More info here.
- 6-8 September 2013 - Post Hitchgathering in Houyet, Belgium
- 27-29 August 2013 - North American Hitchhiker gathering near Nevada City, California. Contact Thewindandrain for more details or find more info [here.]
- 16-30 August 2013 - Tramprennen'13, the 6th hitchhiking race for drinking water. Choose one of the 6 routes from Germany, Netherlands or Switzerland to Masuria, north-east Poland. Here you go for registration and more information.
- 3 August 2013 - Hitchgathering in Slovakia at Liptovská Mara lake. FB event
- 3 August 2013 - Americas Hitchgathering in Mexico at Sayulita in Nayarit. FB event
- 3 August 2013 - HH race from Hamburg, Germany to Poznan, Poland. Read more (German)
- 18. July 2013 - Hitchhiking race from Prague - Zličín, Czech Republic to Gibraltar Mosque of Two holy Custodians. Facebook event.
- 7-10 June 2013 - Hitchhiking race from Brno, Czech Republic to Athens, Greece. Start in Brno, Square of Liberty in the 7th of June at 16,00 CET. Facebook event.
- 17-20 May 2013 - The German Hitchhiking Competition 2013 from Dresden to an as yet unknown destination 300-500km far away.
- 9-12 May 2013 - 3-day competitive autostop race through the Eifel mountains by DTSG in Germany. Hitchhiking mixed with orienteering sports, nature and exploring of (un)known regions. Info and registration here. (German)
- 9-12 May 2013 - Hitchhiking-Race from Hamburg to Dresden starting off in Hamburg on 9th May at 10 a.m. Info and registration here. (German)
- 28 April - 1 May 2013 - Auto Stop Race - annual hitch-hiking event for students. This year we race from Wroclaw to Dubrovnik! More info on official website (Polish)
- 20-21 April 2013 - Baltija 2013 - a hitchhiking competition starting from Vilnius. Registration.
- 19 April 2013 - Hitchball 4000 is a hitchhiking competition starting from Helsinki (Finland). Registration.
- 6 April 2013 - Social hitch towards sea is a hitchhiking race starting from Lithuania and gathering in Latvia. Event on Facebook.
- 29-30 March 2013 - Easter hitchhiking race in Germany. More infos here (in German).
- 15 March to 28 April 2013 - The Hitch of the Link Community Developpment, from all over United Kingdom to Morocco and Croatia.
- 11 March 2013' - A hitchhiking race from Kiel to Morocco to promote an official hitchhiking spot in Kiel. More info.
- 2-7 March 2013 - The Big Green Hitch is a hitchhiking race from Melbourne (Australia) to the Murray River near Adelaide.
- 2-3 March 2013 - Competitive autostop club DTSG inviting everybody to its spring race through the Rhön mountains in Germany. More info & registration here on their website (German)
- 28 October - (approx. 7-10 days) - Transglobal Autostop Race European Qualification Round in Ukraine. Start/Finish will be in Kiev. Minimum route 5000 km. Registrations open. (Russian)
- 23 September - 8 October 2012 - BXL hackathon, improving BeWelcome, Trashwiki and of course Hitchwiki - hackers and/or hitchhikers, be welcome!
- 14 - 16 September 2012 - 2-day competitive autostop race organized by DTSG through the Dutch countryside, close to Enschede. For registration and further information, see here. (German) & (English)
1st October 2012 Abgefahren hitchhikers end of season meeting at the beach of Cassis, France, contact Quarim for details.canceled
- 18 August - 1 September 2012 - Tramprennen 2012
- 4 August 2012 - European Hitchgathering 2012 in Ambraziškiai, near Molėtai in Lithuania.
- 16 - 17 June 2012 - 2-day competitive autostop race organized by DTSG through Northern German countryside, close to Magdeburg. For registration and further information, see here. (German) & (English)
- 26-27 May 2012 TramperInnentreffen 2012, close to Hannover, Germany
- 25-28 May 2012 - 5th German Hitchhiking Championships organized by Abgefahren e.V. starting from Braunschweig.
- 5-6 May 2012 - Baltic 2012 hitchhiking race starting from Vilnius, Lithuania, arranged by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Check Facebook event for English description.
- 28 April - 2 May 15th International Hitchhiking Competition from the Sopot to Dubrovnik organized by Polski Klub Przygody
- 7 April Costume competition: hitch to Dresden in a costume organized by tramprennen.org
- 6-9 April 2012 Competitive autostop lectures in Leipzig, Germany, organized by the DTSG. Website in German, lectures in English.
- 9-11 March 2012 - DTSG organizes a 2-day race through Germany, see their website for registration & more information
- Until end of january 2012 Quarim is collecting hitchhiking storys and tales to make a book from it. The book will be in german but he can translate. If you want to write your story, contact him!
- 13-15 January 2012 DTSG meeting in Leipzig, Germany. Information (German) and registration e-mail to be found here. Everybody is welcome!
- 22 August 2011 - Tramprennen 2011 - hitchhike race for drinking water from Basel,Hamburg and Berlin to Greece. 60 Teams, 5 routes, 2 weeks!
- 19-21 August 2011 - Thumbs Up Hitchhiking Race - hitchhike race for 1000 km around Lithuania for Lithuanian Fund for Nature. Starting point at 9.30am on Vilnius Cathedral Square.
- 8-15 August 2011 - To The Fringe with a Farthing Graham Eccles, poet and Balloon Sculptor hitches Cornwall to Edinburgh with a Penny Farthing
- 5 August 2011 - North American Hitch Hiking Race from Brownsville, Texas (USA) to Britt, Iowa (USA).
- 5 August 2011 - European Hitchhiking Gathering in Kara Dere at the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria.
- 15-17 July 2011 North American Hitchhiking Gathering near Portland, Oregon, USA.
- 11 June 2011 - 4th German hitchhiking championships, starting in Freiburg im Breisgau.
- 7 May 2011 - Baltic 2011 hitchhiking race starting from Vilnius, Lithuania, arranged by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Check a Facebook event for English description.
- 7 May - 8 May: hitchhiking contest from Ghent (Belgium) to a secret destination! more info: [email protected]
- 12 May 2011: First Odense International Hitchhiking Championship and Crowning in Denmark
- 30 April - 3 May 2011 Hitchhiking Race from Wrocław to Barcelona
- 2 May 2011 - Hitchhiker's and all sorts of groovy people-gathering in Göteborg, Sweden
- 21 April - 23 April 2011 - The-60-hour-race from Hamburg to as far as you can go and back, starting in Hamburg.
- 1 April - 3 April 2011 - Voting to decide the location of the European Hitchgathering closes and pre-Meeting in Magdeburg, Germany. More here!
- 4 December 2010 - Abgefahren e.V. informal meeting in Berlin, Germany. 7pm, Café Tristeza, Pannierstrasse 5 (U Hermannplatz).
- 6 - 8 November 2010 - The biggest hitchhiking-race of France: Pouce d’Or, from/to Nantes (See CS for English)
- 1 - 3 October 2010 - 14th anniversary of Vilnius Hitch-hiking club, Lithuania
- 23 August - 9 September 2010 - Viva con Agua Tramprennen, Hitchhike race from Hamburg, Germany to Vama Veche, Romania; facebook page, about Viva con Agua
- 21 August, 2010 - North America Hitch Gathering in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- 20 August, 2010 - North America Hitch Gathering, pre-meeting in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- 12 August 2010 - , Hitchhikers' meeting organized via Couchsurfing in Serbia. Contact Kipan (french hitchwiki) for more information!
- 6 August 2010 - European Hitchhiking Gathering, location somewhere in Portugal.
- 1 August 2010 - European Hitchhiking Gathering, main pre-gathering in Barcelona.
- 11 - 13 June 2010 - Lithuanian Hitchhikers Gathering in Lithuania. Event's Facebook page.
- 4 June 2010 - Hitchhiking race from Augsburg, Germany to Slovenia.
- 28 - 30 May 2010 - Road Junky Travel Film Festival in Berlin, Germany.
- 1 - 3 May 2010 - 13th International Hitchhiking Competition by Polski Klub Przygody from Sopot, Poland to Prague, Czech Republic
- 28 April 2010 - Meeting with founder and President of the World largest hitchhiking club "Academy of Free Travel" (Moscow), travel writer Anton Krotov in Vilnius, Lithuania, organized by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Beginning on 6 pm in Vilnius Travelers Club, Kalinausko st. 9. In Facebook and event page.
- 24 - 25 April 2010 - The 15th public hitchhiking race "Baltics 2010" Vievis - (1100km) -Vilnius, Lithuania organized by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. In Facebook and event page (translated in English).
- 15 March - 23 April 2010 - The Hitch, the biggest organised fundraising hitchhiking event in the UK, either towards Morocco or Prague, with approx. 1,000 hitchhikers to take part!
- 1 - 6 April 2010 - Hitchhiking Race from Bratislava to Rome (info)
- 28 - 29 March 2010 - Hitchhike contest in Ghent, Belgium.
- 13 - 14 March 2010: 6/8/10 coordination meeting in Berlin! If you're planning on coming, please response to this forum entry on the website and we keep you updated.
- 2 - 4 October 2009 - 13th anniversary of Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club, more information & registration here.
- 4 - 6 September 2009 - Annual German hitchhikers meeting near Heidelberg, Germany.
- 18 August - 2 September 2009 - Viva con Agua Hitchhike Race, Part II. Hitchhiking Race from Kiel to Dubrovnik for a small NGO called Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli, located in Hamburg-St.Pauli. Aim is to call attention for the lack of drinkwater worldwide and to promote hitchhiking as a special way of travelling. See report from last year.
- 7 - 13 August 2009 - 2nd European Hitchhiking Week, 789. Hitchhikers from all over the world will converge on Odessa in Ukraine, Eastern Europe.
- 2 - 5 July 2009 - Hitch Hike to SoS 09 Hitch Hiking competition running from Sydney to Melbourne, Australia, for the upcoming Students of Sustainability conference.
- 26 June - 5 July 2009 - The Trip, hitchhiking adventure game through Europe, starting in Biel, Switzerland.
- 26 June - 28 June 2009 - Hitchhikers Gathering in Lithuania, annual hitchhikers meeting organized by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Event is being organized every year since 1997.
- 12 June - 13 June 2009 - Second German hitchhiking Championship, a great hitchhiking race from Karlsruhe, Germany to a secret destination.
- 15 May - 17 May 2009 - Power to the Pepper hitchhiking race from Rotterdam, Netherlands to Prague, Czech Republic with about 50 participants
- 1 May - 3 May 2009 - International Hitchhiking Championship of Polski Klub Przygody from Gdansk, Poland to L'viv, Ukraine with about 300 participants
- 10 March - 30 April 2009 - The Hitch is a Charity Hitch from the UK to Prague or Morocco.
- 25 April - 26 April 2009 - 14th public hitchhiking competition "Baltics 2009" of Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club with about 100 participants
- 25 April 2009 - Bulgarian hitch-hiker's gathering Hitch-hiking with masks in Madara - that is, going to the gathering hitching with funny masks on! Meeting near the historical & cultural horseman monument (map). More detailed information on stopbg.com
- 26 - 30 January 2009 - Random Roadworks - Hitchwiki workweek in Amsterdam. Ever dreamed about finishing a hitchhikers magazine? Check out this forum topic.
- 16-18 January 2009 - National Backpacker's/Hitchhiker's Meeting at Lago Quillén, Neuquén Province in Argentina.
- 13-14 December 2008 - Hitchhiking chase starting in Dublin, Ireland.
- 5-6 December 2008 - Eurizons 2008: A Call for Climate Justice: Hitchhiking Campaign to the COP 14 (5.-6.12.08) and exhibition 'Voices from the South' in Poznan
- 29 November 2008 - Hitchhikers meeting in Enschede, Netherlands. Check out this article for closer information!
- 11-12 October 2008 The 3rd Edition of the Big Belgian Open Hitchhiking Contest. Short and intense, involves hitchhiking to secret location, drinking beers and camping outside. Good clean hitchhiking fun!
- 3-5 October 2008 - The Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club celebrates it's 12th anniversary. For more information, check out their website.
- 5–7 September 2008 - The Annual abgefahren e.V. club meeting will take place at Oberkeil close to Bayreuth. Open for everyone. Workshops, talks, etc. More info and registration here.
- 8 August 2008 - Project 888 in Paris, France
- 23 August – 5 September 2008/open end - Viva con Agua hitchhiking race from Hamburg/St.Pauli to the EXPO 2008 in Saragossa with the topic Water and Sustainable Development.