Quarim is a hitchhiker from Trier, Germany . He has hitchhiked in 21 countries in Europe but most of the way he did in Germany. See his logfile of hitchhiking for more statistics
He also enjoys traveling on his road bike. Right now not hitchhiking very much.
Quarim can communicate in german and english and also can make himself understandable in french and spanish, gaved up to learn russian.
- He was one of the organisators of the abgefahren hitchhiking race 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- In summer 2012 Quarim published the hitchhiking story book Hit the Road in german.
Total hitchhiking distance: 35,345 km
Longest waits :
- 3h30 min and then gave up - Raststätte Feistritz, Austria heading towards Slovenia
- 3h02 min and then gave up - Raststätte Göttesbrunn, Austria heading towards Bratislava, Slovakia
- 2h53 min near Praha, Czech Republic
- 2h45 min near Hildesheim, Germany
Shortest wait: no waiting time - only switching cars (more than 10 times)
Longest Lift: from somewhere on the motorway in Serbia to Vienna in Austria (over 600km)
Longest distance in 24h: from Trier to Berlin via Bielefeld (774 km)
Top speed: up to 260 km/h on the german A7 from Hannover to Hamburg (Mercedes Benz SL 55 AMG)
Coldest Temperature hitchhiked: - 8°C at Dec 17th 2009 in Trier, and Feb 11th 2013 near Braunschweig
Hottest Temperature hitchhiked: + 35.7°C at August 12th 2009 in Nazaré, Portugal
Highest altitude hitchhiked: 2,106m Gotthard Pass, Switzerland in June 2011
Milestone of 25,000 km: Hitchhiked on 27th August 2010 between Osnabrück and Hannover, on that day they had a disaster alert in Osnabrück because of heavy rain and flooding. It was also the craziest weather Quarim hitchhiked in.