- Hitchwiki is a collaborative website for gathering information about hitchhiking and other ways of extremely cheap transport.Feel free to share your knowledge with us!
- 22-24 June 2019 6th Swiss Hitchhiking Championship: As every year we will start in the little bilingual town Fribourg (not to confound with Freiburg in Germany ;) ) and will hitchhike in teams of 2 people to a surprise destination. Participation is free. Register here.
- 31 July - 4 August 2019 HitchFest 2019 in Portugal! The HitchFest is back, to deepen our sharing around travel, ecology, activism, art and self-discovery. Like the page, join the event and support the crowdfunding!
- August 2019 Hitchgathering somewhere in Europe. Location discussion ongoing. Current proposals: Denmark and Albania (Read more).
- 3-11 August 2019 After traveling Istanbul, Lisbon, Palermo, Thessaloniki, Baku and the cold North Cape last year, we will hitchhike this year from Gdańsk (Poland) to Santiago de Compostela (Spain). Free, cool people, big adventure (FB).
- 27-31 August 2019 IUAES2019 CFP - Hitchhiking: affect, spaces and stories. An academic panel will discuss hitchhiking in the end of August in Poland. We will hitch to the event, and try an organise some activity during the event. For more information, visit here or email me at [email protected] - username Subaculture on CS/BW etc.
- 27 April 2019 - New Mailing List: since the old mailing list is down a new one was created on riseup.net: https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/hitch | Subscribe and share with the users or the old mailing list as all the data was lost together with the list
- 19 Febuary 2019 Reasearch: "Please participate in the survey about emotional intelligence of hitchhikers if you haven´t done it yet." Check https://www.soscisurvey.de/EI_hitchhikers_eng/
- 1st - 24th December 2016 There is an advent calender on tramprennen.org. One story about "first time-hitchhiking-experiences" is published everyday. Check http://tramprennen.org/blog/
- 15 November 2016 The first app ever published by Hitchwiki is now available for free (as always) on the Play Store. Download it and keep track of the spots where you hitchhike, your waiting times and so on. In a future version the app will offer you an option to sync your hitching spots with Hitchwiki with no extra work. MyHitchhikingSpots. Special thanks to a random guy who gave an Android phone to one of our hitchhiking developers while traveling in Sweden!
- 25 June 2016 A new official hitchhiking spot has been opened in the Dutch town of Oldemarkt, in response to the insufficient public transport to Steenwijk. In addition a FB group was created to encourage ridesharing on this route.