22 years old hitchhiker from more places in Czech Republic. Hitchhiked in around 37 mostly European countries.
I prefer hitchhiking solo - it's much simpler, people are friendlier and more hospitable and I can have closer contact with drivers, sometimes I feel like psychologist - and with thumb rather than asking people - I like to wait for somebody who take me because he wants, it's worth it
There is no season for hitchhiking, every day is good enough. I've experienced temperatures from -25 to +44 °C but comfort more depends on humidity and wind so the worst was -8 in February 2012 near Genéve and maybe +30 in July 2012 at the coast around Turkey/Georgia border.
I don't use CS/BW for surfing, mostly sleep outdoor and sometimes drivers invite me home (yes it's nice to have a shower). I usually carry heavy backpack with some mountaineering equipment.
- 2009: Czech Republic
- 2010: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Great Britain, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain
- 2011: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (+Tenerife), Switzerland, Western Sahara
- 2012: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Macedonia, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Western Sahara
- 2013: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland
- 2014: Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Hungary, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
- 2015: Czech Republic, Germany, Poland
- 2016: Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland
- 2017: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Israel, Jordan, Poland, Switzerland
- 2018: Austria, Czech Republic, Great Britain (Scotland), Israel, Jordan
- 2019: Austria, Georgia, Switzerland
bold - first hitchhiking there; italics - only get in or through by hitching, didn't hitch in the country
I was at European hitchgatherings in Portugal, 2010 and in Slovakia, 2013; participated in 11-11-11 Hitchhiking contest Paris-Dakar and in Czech Hitchhiking Championship 2014 Prague-Gibraltar-Prague -> lost completely :D well perhaps racing and hitchhiking don't go along for me.
Planned or actual trips/dreams
- Armenia / Iran / Northern Iraq
- South America
But at the moment kind of tired from longer trips and searching for my life's mission.
Records & statistics
- Total distance: ~136.000 km from 2009 till September 2014 (±X.000 at Pilsen<->Prague route), 67.000 of that hitchhiked solo
- Longest rides:
- Worst hitchhiking:
- Unusual rides:
- Horses with cart twice - in Mali for 20-25 km and in Montenegro for ~1 km
- Snowplow in Norway
- Quite overloaded old Mercedes truck with 4 drivers (everybody could repair something) in Mali, + with my friend, 2 backpacks and wheel of the truck in the cabin I was quite destroyed after 200 km (10 hours)