Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 12 June - 13 June 2009 - Second German hitchhiking Championship, a great hitchhiking race from Karlsruhe, Germany to a secret destination.
- 26 June - 28 June 2009 - Hitchhikers Gathering in Lithuania, annual hitchhikers meeting organized by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Event is being organized every year since 1997.
- 26 June - 5 July 2009 - The Trip, hitchhiking adventure game through Europe, starting in Biel, Switzerland.
- 2nd July - 5 July 2009 - Hitch Hike to SoS 09 Hitch Hiking competition running from Sydney to Melbourne, Australia, for the upcoming Students of Sustainability conference.
- 7 - 13 August 2009 - 2nd European Hitchhiking Week, 789. Hitchhikers from all over the world will converge on Odessa in Ukraine, Eastern Europe.
- 18 August - 2 September 2009 - Viva con Agua Hitchhike Race, Part II. Hitchhiking Race from Kiel to Dubrovnik for a small NGO called Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli, located in Hamburg-St.Pauli. Aim is to call attention for the lack of drinkwater worldwide and to promote hitchhiking as a special way of travelling. See report from last year here [].
- 15 May - 17 May 2009 - Power to the Pepper hitchhiking race from Rotterdam, Netherlands to Prague, Czech Republic with about 50 participants
- 1 May - 3 May 2009 - International Hitchhiking Championship of Polski Klub Przygody from Gdansk, Poland to L'viv, Ukraine with about 300 participants
- 25 April - 26 April 2009 - 14th public hitchhiking competition "Baltics 2009" of Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club with about 100 participants
- 25 April 2009 - Bulgarian hitch-hiker's gathering Hitch-hiking with masks in Madara - that is, going to the gathering hitching with funny masks on! Meeting near the historical & cultural horseman monument (map). More detailed information on stopbg.com
- 26 - 30 January 2009 - Random Roadworks - Hitchwiki workweek in Amsterdam. Ever dreamed about finishing a hitchhikers magazine? Check out this forum topic.
- 16-18 January 2009 - National Backpacker's/Hitchhiker's Meeting at Lago Quillén, Neuquén Province in Argentina.
- 5-6 December 2008 - Eurizons 2008: A Call for Climate Justice: Hitchhiking Campaign to the COP 14 (5.-6.12.08) and exhibition 'Voices from the South' in Poznan
- 29 November 2008 - Hitchhikers meeting in Enschede, Netherlands. Check out this article for closer information!
- 11-12 October 2008 The 3rd Edition of the Big Belgian Open Hitchhiking Contest. Short and intense, involves hitchhiking to secret location, drinking beers and camping outside. Good clean hitchhiking fun!
- 3-5 October 2008 - The Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club celebrates it's 12th anniversary. For more information, check out their website.
- 5–7 September 2008 - The Annual abgefahren e.V. club meeting will take place at Oberkeil close to Bayreuth. Open for everyone. Workshops, talks, etc. More info and registration here.