Jump to navigation Jump to search
- failed attempt to hitchhike from Istria to Venice, got many rides but no map, and ended up 5 kilometers away from where we started
I got sick of taking Eurolines buses and decided to go hitchhiking another try. I had also met Robino, who was about to move to Barcelona.
- Paris - Barcelona, made some classic hitchhike mistakes, spent the night in a hotel room between Toulouse and Perpignan (much cheaper than Eurolines still :)
- Barcelona - Paris, in merely 14 hours, got a ride at the Peage South from Lyon straight to my home in Paris.
- to Berlin
- back and forth to the Netherlands
- Berlin - Nijmegen
- hitchhiking at night in Bamako, Mali, once with 2 people, another time with 4 people.
- Paris - Normandy
- Frankfurt - Nuth
- Hamburg - Copenhagen - Malmo - Gothenburg - Oslo - Trondheim - Umea
- Vaasa - Helsinki
- Tallinn - Riga - somewhere in Latvia - Kaunas - Vilnius
- Vilnius - Warsaw, picked up by crazy Italian, with whom I continued to Tarnow and Cracow
- Cracow - Berlin
- Berlin - Braunschweig - Amsterdam
- Montevideo - Cordoba - Santiago de Chile
- Concepcion - somewhere in Argentina
- in Ecuador
- Montreal - New York
- San Francisco - Quincy - Ashland - Portland (Oregon)
- Eugene - San Francisco - Santa Cruz - Los Angeles
- Auckland - Wellington
- Wellington (actually from ferry on the other side) - Nelson
- Nelson - Christchurch and back and much more around the South Island of New Zealand
- more New Zealand
- Sydney - Melbourne (along the coast)
- Chiang Rai - Laos - Kunming - Hong Kong
- London - Antwerpen
- in Italy
- Amsterdam - Avignon - 14 hours, one ride straight from Luxembourg to Avignon, of which I drove everything south from Nancy myself (and got flashed once).
- Avignon - Paris - German trucker picked me up at the Peage South from Lyon, but then drove towards Strassbourg, should have refused, ended up having to go towards Besancon and walk 5 km to go to a gas station on the other side of the highway, then met guy doing a rally from Saint-Petersburg to Beijing.
- Paris - Antwerpen (evening, rain, stayed at my favourite place there) - Essen (BeVolunteer General Assembly)