Have a look at the Top Tips, First time and Safety articles to get a first impression if you're new to hitchhiking or if you need random information. To get deeper into the topic, concentrate your attention on articles about Where to hitchhike, different Techniques and which important things to carry while hitchhiking. If you want to avoid waiting for hours, also have a look about your appearance along the road.
If you're planning to go abroad, some phrasebooks may be important for you if you want to communicate with your drivers. After hitching some hundreds of kilometers, all big hitchhikers at some point need some food, or maybe some nice accommodation along the road. All this information you can find on the hitchwiki!
For information about specific cities or countries, just search for them by typing in their names into the search box in the navigation bar on the left side.
For group hitchhiking, there are other hitchhikers in different clubs all around the world. Sometimes they organize contests! Many of them write articles on different websites or blogs, they can be found in the news section!
At the end, if you want to try out new vehicles, check out how to hitchhike boats, trains or even planes or simply with your bike!
We hope that we could help you navigating through your first steps in the world of hitchhiking!
- ”The hitchhiker is there so you can do your good deed for the day.” 
- ”The overland traveller goes around the corner to see who there is to meet around the next corner.” 
- ” Sharing a ride in the same direction as you are going is part of the sharing economy. “
- ”The good thing about hitchhiking is that the ‘********’ drive right on by.”
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "General info"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
Media in category "General info"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- Interchange.jpg 500 × 350; 188 KB
- Tachoscheibe.jpg 800 × 780; 175 KB