This article can be used to collect ideas on what to put into the zine. Feel free to edit the article and add your ideas for the zine!
Specific countries in the zine
Hey, would it be an idea to choose an x-amount of countries to present and focus on in each issue? Am thinking of focusing on 2-3 nations, maybe located on different continents. I can offer to collect my information and knowledge e.g. for Syria or Bulgaria. platschisite, wikitalk 11:31, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
- Perfect idea. I am not sure how many featured countries/ cities we can cover but three seems to be a pretty good challenge to work towards, just fire off Syria for example and then we can see in what format we want to put it in. --Robino 12:06, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
City-Survival / Featured skills
Other ideas: city-survival (how to do this or that), featured skills (what skill do you use while traveling and making money?), etc. --Robino 12:06, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
The idea is to give each issue a separate theme. Themes for the first issue would be 'the modern nomad', Syria and another country. Robino started collecting stories from and interviews with people that have been/ are living a nomad life and who can help to inspire others, or who have tips and tricks, etc. Platschi is working on the Syria feature.
There is no limit to your creativity, if you want to submit drawings related to this, cartoons or photos, for example, that would be great.
Other things for Issue 0
- Hitchhiking in the Ukraine (especially since it seems likely that the Ukraine will be place we will be having 789.
- Stuff that is already on this wiki.
- Reports on 888
- Maybe middle page could be a map of Europe (very simple) with hitchhiking spots? At the other side of this page info about crucial spots for leaving big cities. So everyone can take this page out and carry around.
Check the first lay-out proposal: Issue 0
- My vision on hitchhiking (i.e. your story of why you are hitchhiking): Why I Hitchhike
- My first time - a story from you and your first time hitchhiking (could be your own personal story or done through interview, or cartoon, or drawing).
- A story on a hitchhikers club
- history + culture of hitchhiking in one specific country (Poland or Ukraine for issue 0?)
- One driver's story (or interview with driver picking up hitchhikers)
- A column from some hitchhikers
- A Q&A Where people can ask questions - A place for any question you always wanted to ask a hitchhiker. Answers could be edited by multiple people, or people could give their personal answer.
- Random Roads/Postcards - A post-card is a short message that you would send or already have send someone. Think of your driver, your hitchhiker, a friend, family, your host, someone you met on the road, etc.
- add more ideas, hit edit.
Proposed theme: Hitchhiking & Safety