This article can be used to collect ideas on what to put into the zine. Feel free to edit the article and add your ideas for the zine!
Specific countries in the zine
Hey, would it be an idea to choose an x-amount of countries to present and focus on in each issue? Am thinking of focusing on 2-3 nations, maybe located on different continents. I can offer to collect my information and knowledge e.g. for Syria or Bulgaria. platschisite, wikitalk 11:31, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
- Perfect idea. I am not sure how many featured countries/ cities we can cover but three seems to be a pretty good challenge to work towards, just fire off Syria for example and then we can see in what format we want to put it in. --Robino 12:06, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
City-Survival / Featured skills
Other ideas: city-survival (how to do this or that), featured skills (what skill do you use while traveling and making money?), etc. --Robino 12:06, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
The idea is to give each issue a separate theme. Theme for the first issue would be 'the modern nomad'. Robino started collecting stories from and interviews with people that have been living a nomad life and who can help to inspire others, or who have tips and tricks, etc.
Anything that falls in this category will work basically. There is no limit to your creativity basically, if you want to submit drawings related to his for example, that would be great.
Other things for issue 0
- Hitchhiking in the Ukraine (especially since it is very likely that the Ukraine will be place we will be having 789.
- My vision on hitchhiking (i.e. your story of why you are hitchhiking)
- Stuff that is already on this wiki
- Reports on 888
- Maybe middle page could be a map of Europe (very simple) with hitchhiking spots? At the other side of this page info about crucial spots for leaving big cities. So everyone can take this page out and carry around.
- A story on one of the hitchhikers clubs
- History + Culture of hitchhiking in one specific country (Poland or Ukraine for issue 0?)
- One driver's story (or interview with driver picking up hitchhikers)
- A column from some hitchhikers
- A Q&A Where people can ask questions ???
- add more ideas, hit edit.
Proposed theme: Hitchhiking & Safety