Difference between revisions of "6810/Name"
Revision as of 12:53, 28 December 2009
This article is about the name discussion started earlier on the 789 article page. Feel free to add comments and/or ideas to it! It would be nice to sign your messages, you can do so by adding this
--~~~~ code to the end of your comments (or by clicking the second symbol to the right above the text box).
New fancy name for 2010?
On 789, there has been a discussion on the future name of the 789 festival/project/meeting/week. There have been lots of pro's and con's about changing the name each year (888->789->6810?) or using an uniform name for the festival/meeting/project/week in the next years. Please brainstorm here and add your ideas :-)
- Junk festival
- Thumbs up!
- Homeless Festival
- Thumbs out!
- It's the more logical but why jump the days ? What's the meaning ? Also every year we need to change it, not rally clean. --MiSha 07:29, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- European hitchhiking week 2010
- It was the second title every year and also it's too burocratic--MiSha 08:43, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- There are lots of important issues such as choosing destination and coordinating things with the locals in order to avoid what happened in Odessa. Why would we focus on the name so much ? --Patrishnik 15:57, 01 September 2009 (UTC)
- the name represent the identity of the organisation, it bring you motivation and enjoying the project, let's find a nice one. --MiSha 21:31, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- European hitchhiking week 2010 sounds good --Patrishnik 15:36, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
- That's claiming something we aren't. We don't speak for all the hh clubs in Europe, much less for all the hitchhikers. We just speak for a crazy bunch of people that has been meeting annually for only just 2 years. blue
- I totaly agree, one stone by one, be patient, maybe one day It can become a federation, but for the moment less than 200 hitchhikers know about the project, it's like a really little part of the hitchhiking world and to decide that we are a federation, it's a bit pretetious for the hh clubs who work for years on that kind of partenership, also no one of the organisation had very long experience in hh event, it's a bit new for all of us, so step by step, find a not burocratic name is better for that kind of organisation. --MiSha 07:11, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- You've made my point. 1 - it's a federation because it aims to bring together the clubs and other people (as opposed to, say, an association). Sorry, it's a semantic difference but an important one. 2- Less than 200 hitchhikers know about 789 *because* there is no common organisation or mailing list. That was behind the suggestion of federation. Somewhatofftheway 14:28, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
- And regarding Patrik's title... if we aren't European hitchhiking week, who is? Nobody else is doing anything like this, and that seems to be the aim.Somewhatofftheway 14:44, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
- A lot of others clubs get some different nationnalities in their event... I discuss about the idea to create a federation at the 888 with one fondators ok Keliai Vis, he just said, step by step.... "begin by create a club is for sure a better way to start that project"...--MiSha 08:48, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
- Hey, it looks like the date has been decided already. I think the pattern is good, with the ascending numbers, so the question is whether you want to prioritize the name/concept or the date. People now know the HH festival as a "123" kind-of-a-thing, so either you keep on that track, or change everything. Unless the date is crucial, I suggest that you either have it on the 8/9/10 (why not?), or change the concept (i.e. the name contains no date). Keeping the ascending number would imply that e.g. in 2011 the date would shift over to October, but maybe it's not a bad idea (just need a warm place), or you can just play with the numbers (e.g. 11811 or something like that). --Gutuater 17:31, 16 December 2009 (UTC)