What ideas do you have for 789, the upcoming second European Hitchhiking Week/ Event/ Gathering? Click edit and share your thoughts. If you create a profile, you can sign your messages by clicking on the second icon from the right.
As an answer to what some might say: 'no one takes hitchhikers any more' or 'no more hitchhikers', it might be a good idea, proposes Mirto, to collect the addresses of your drivers and to send them a (common?) postcard after the event. Like many people who hitched to 789 send a card to at least one driver with link to result page - so drivers can also feel how important it is and that they participated in this and that THEY actually made it happen.
> You might then develop simple forms with a 789 symbol, address of organisation, slogan or something like this, that all the drivers can fill out. That's certainly more trustworthy than a shabby piece of paper to write out those private data. It's a nice idea which may encourage especially those drivers to pick up hitchhikers more often, if they have the possibility. Encourage the hitchhikers to collec the addresses and let the hitchhikers pay for the postage and print costs at 789. --Fverhart 11:34, 15 August 2008 (CEST)
- Photogallery with portraits of many many drivers ??
Or, we make a list of all of drivers names so to make huge, global list with all of them - so we would just SEE/Show to the world how many helpful people are around here.
Moreover, About 30 people on the 888 project have slept in Misha mum's house ! Lena was thinking about everybody send her some postcards from their countries. The address is : Anne Marie Bouffier - 24 rue des écoles - 94140 Alfoville - France
Idea for a 789 slogan? There
Robino wants to put some effort together to set up a hitchhikers magazine, to be distributed at this event. There is already some work done for a Hitchhiking Zine, so we could take that idea some steps up.
- I'm interested in helping setting up this zine :) platschisite, wikitalk 09:14, 14 August 2008 (CEST)
The magazine idea is very much in progress. Most articles have been written. You can find more info here on the Random Roads-section. We want to put quite some 888/ 789 info in it as well. The launch, 'zero' issue is due for January 2009. Join in! --Robino 23:20, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- The documentary project is currently being edited in Copenhagen. [User:Garthelgard]] 20:40 6 October 2008 (CEST) SEE THE TEASER THERE
- It can be very cool to explain hitchhiking by an other view, like don't make a documentary but a fiction or a compromit between those two things MiSha 09:17, 25 August 2008 (CEST)
- Brainstorming :
- Initiatik quest where the people have to search their ways to find themselves
- Why hitchhiking have a bad reputation, the por-nography and violence about hitchhike, see some bad example here
- Documentary about catacombs in Odessa