Hitchhikers on this Wiki
- 27 April 2019 - New Mailing List: since the old mailing list is down a new one was created on riseup.net: https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/hitch | Subscribe and share with the users or the old mailing list as all the data was lost together with the list
- 19 Febuary 2019 Reasearch: "Please participate in the survey about emotional intelligence of hitchhikers if you haven´t done it yet." Check https://www.soscisurvey.de/EI_hitchhikers_eng/
- 1st - 24th December 2016 There is an advent calender on tramprennen.org. One story about "first time-hitchhiking-experiences" is published everyday. Check http://tramprennen.org/blog/
- 15 November 2016 The first app ever published by Hitchwiki is now available for free (as always) on the Play Store. Download it and keep track of the spots where you hitchhike, your waiting times and so on. In a future version the app will offer you an option to sync your hitching spots with Hitchwiki with no extra work. MyHitchhikingSpots. Special thanks to a random guy who gave an Android phone to one of our hitchhiking developers while traveling in Sweden!
- 25 June 2016 A new official hitchhiking spot has been opened in the Dutch town of Oldemarkt, in response to the insufficient public transport to Steenwijk. In addition a FB group was created to encourage ridesharing on this route.
This wiki is to gather information about hitchhiking and other ways of extremely cheap ways of transport. It was was inspired by Wikipedia and by Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. At some point it was left abandoned by its founder, and adopted by Guaka. As a hitchhiker you're encouraged to not only read the guide, but also to contribute by adding your knowledge, improving existing pages and starting new ones!
How to contribute
Just click edit, make your changes and click Save page. A good article to start editing or writing is probably your home town. To create new articles you can add [[ and ]] around the title of the new article, in some other article, on your user page or even here on the main page. Save the page, click on the red link and start writing a new page. Be bold about editing, just do it! If it feels a bit awkard, you can practice in the Sandbox.