Difference between revisions of "Regensburg"
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Revision as of 03:03, 6 February 2012
|Population:||131,489 (31 Mar 2007)|
|Major roads:||A3, A93|
|Meet fellow hitchhikers on Trustroots|
Regensburg is a city in Eastern , located between Munich (130 km to the south), Nuremberg (110 km to the north-west), Praha (260 km to the north-east) and Linz (230 km to the east). It is a main stop on the way from BeNeLux and Germany (except the very south-east) to Vienna, Hungary and whole south-eastern Europe. Two motorways are crossing at Kreuz Regensburg (some 5km from the City center):
- A3 from Frankfurt-Würzburg-Nürnberg to Passau-Linz-Wien
- A93 from München to Berlin, Dresden or Praha
The easiest place to reach from the city center is the exit Regensburg-Königswiesen (no. 42). You can use it for all directions. Coming from the center take the bus #4 (direction Lilienthalstraße or Universität) or #10 (direction Dechbetten). Don't take the ones going just to Königswiesen. Information on all buses you will find at the web site of RVV. You also can take #1 (direction Prüfening) which runs every 10 minutes on working days. Leave the bus at Dechbetten (#4 and #10) or at Lilienthalstraße (#1 and #4). From this stop head to the south crossing under the railways, crossing a junction and you will see the ramp Königswiesen. Always take the ramp east of the motorway (direction
<map lat='49.00924785816895' lng='12.060906887054443' zoom='16' view='0' float='right'/>
- The spot mentioned above is a perfect place for the cars to stop but you will need a sign (Nürnberg, München or Passau). If you wanna go to the north (Berlin, Dresden, Praha) look also for cars going to München and get out after 8km on the Raststätte Pentling (both directions). There you will find a ride quite fast. Notice that there are no more service stations on the A93. So your next stop on your way to Praha should be at the border (Waidhaus/Rozvadov).
- If you intend to continue your way to the south towards Austria, Switzerland or Italy be sure not to end up in down-town München. Last chance to change the car is at Raststätte Holledau (both directions) about 50 km before München.
- If you are on the way to Heilbronn/Stuttgart/Heidelberg or Würzburg/Frankfurt you might have to change the car at Raststätte Jura 60 km on your way to Nürnberg.
East towards Passau
- If you are heading to the east there is an Autohof at the exit Regensburg-Ost (#101). Not too many cars there and only suitable to travel along A3. You can reach this place also by bus from the city center. Take bus #9 to Neutraubling and get out at Junkerstrasse). The next service station is Raststätte Bayerischer Wald some 50 km on your way to Passau. Notice that the Raststätte Passau is not very popular as the fuel is much cheaper only a few kilometers after the border at Suben.