An idea to make the start page somewhat nicer. Had a look at different other wiki's and how they managed it. I like the heading in diffent colors to have a differentiation of the topics. Also the country list was quite tooooooo big, so now i think it's better for a first-time-visitor to navigate through the continents.
Some points are still open:
- Why the hell is the menu on the left smaller than normal?
- Continent articles have to be much nicer, adding flags etc. ;)
- General Info and it's links are missing. I like more the one General Info article above in the box. And from there you can discover the rest. Looks more sorted and cleaned up. If coming a first time to the current start page, you see 20 general info's. What the hell ! Also Help pages etc. Are mentioned in the header and also might be added to the menu on the left. What do you think? platschisite, wikitalk 23:12, 11 January 2008 (CET)
- I like it.
- The News and Hitchhikers columns are only covering about 40% of the total available space in my Firefox 22.214.171.124.
- Can you get feedback from a couple of non-wiki people? guakasite, wikitalk 12:50, 14 January 2008 (CET)
- Hey, I'm using Safari 3.0.4, only problem I discover is that the menu on the left side is smaller and that the Category at the bottom is going over the whole page. That's not what I wanted ;) Also had a look on a Windows machine with IE and Firefox (don't know which version), everything was looking fine except the menu on the left. And in IE the pictures of the day were quite small. On my machine they're covering all space they can get. Will ask more people to get feedback. platschisite, wikitalk 12:29, 15 January 2008 (CET)
- (I changed my job instead 126.96.36.199 15:08, 17 January 2008 (CET) ;)