Hey Grata! Welcome on Hitchwiki and thanks for your opinions on Norway ;) However, if you disagree with something, you can just edit the page directly, no need to discuss everything beforehand. There are probably not many people who know that much about Norway AND will read your stuff, so maybe you want to merge it with the article page? Thanks! --MrTweek 07:53, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah I though 'bout that. I will link it somehow. But still, I read that some people got an exactly opposite point of view so that should be great to leave the discussion open. Thanks for the greeting :) Grata 15:07, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
- I totally agree with what you wrote, Grata. In total we were waiting 4 hours for a ride in Alta, in the middle we decided to hitch back South instead of to Nordkapp. Not sure how to work your writings back into the article. I did have a go at Norway though. Feel free to make it (even?) less optimistic. guaka 22:53, 7 April 2010 (UTC)
- What you did in the introduction works good. I think everything is said. Make it even less optimistic would be easy, but that's not the point. I was just curious about people saying that they wait an average of 10 minutes for a ride in Norway. After three years hitchhiking, those craps give me a good laugh, but I wander if anybody actually believe that. I don't want people going for their first hitch of their life expecting a ride in the 10 first minutes and then giving up definitely hitchhiking.
- You waited 4 hours in Alta? What about that:
- In Grong, my driver dropped me at 2pm, I had a lift the day after at noon. In Mosjoen, I waited from 10am, to the day after at 18pm. Plus this guy who jumped off his car to argue with me, fist up, 'cause I was stepping slightly on the road to hitchhike. And the awful contact with people ... even if you try to look as harmless, clean, friendly, happy, non-serial-killer-like as possible, it's always the same look in their eyes. I wrote something about that, it goes like that:
- "You look like a good guy, but you don't gimme a ride, you even don't dare try a smile." (to sing on a jazzy tune)
- So, there is a lot to say about hitchhiking in Norway, but still, I'm glad to be able to give tips and sharing experiences, but I don't want to affraid people and stop them to give it a try. I think the 10-minutes-waiting-for-a-ride's legend should disappear from such a great database.
- Grata 23:42, 7 April 2010 (UTC) (soonish I'm going to be used to those codes...)(I hope you don't have an alert everytime I correct something ...:/)
- Hey, welcome on hitchwiki! Don't worry about edits, mistakes or correcting something 5000 times, that's no problem at all :) You're welcome! About Norway, there was also a Hitchwiki Update Fest Discussion lately on the hitchhiking cs-group, similar experiences added there I guess about Norway. Check this. Looks like next years hitchhiking gathering should be held there to promote hitchhiking ;) --Platschi 08:28, 8 April 2010 (UTC)