Jump to navigation Jump to search
* '''22 - 24 June 2019''' 6th Swiss Hitchhiking Championship: As every year we will start in the little bilingual town Fribourg (not to confound with Freiburg in Germany ;) ) and will hitchhike in teams of 2 people to a surprise destination. Participation is free. Register here [http://www.autostoppp.ch/en/championship-2019/ www.autostoppp.ch] * '''3 - 11 August 2019''' After traveling Istanbul, Lisbon, Palermo, Thessaloniki, Baku and the cold North Cape last year, we will hitchhike this year from Gdańsk(Poland) to Santiago de Compostel(Spain). free, cool people, big adventure [https://www.facebook.com/events/260677781474309/ 8. European Hitchhike Competition] * '''27 - 31 August 2019''' ''IUAES2019 CFP - Hitchhiking: affect, spaces and stories.'' A academic panel will dicuss hitchiking during August in Poland. We will hitch to the event, and try an organise some activity during the event. For more information, visit [https://www.cas-sca.ca//call-for-papers/13440-iuaes2019-cfp-hitchhiking-affect-spaces-and-stories here] or email me at [email protected] - username Subaculture on CS/BW etc. <noinclude>
no edit summary
<!-- Highlight ongoing big events with: <span style="background-color:#ffeeb9;">Text here</span> -->
<!-- ======================================= -->
27 April - 6 May 2019''' - Same as every year, 6 different size hitchhiking races start from different locations in Poland, going mostly southwards. More info at events sites: [ https://www.facebook.com/autostoprace/ AutoStopRace] [https: //www. facebook. com/mmautostop/ MMA] [https://www.facebook. com/wyscigautostopem/ Wyścig Autostopem] [https://www.facebook.com/ krakostop/ KrakoStop] [https:// www.facebook.com/polirajd/ PoliRajd] [https://www. facebook. com/AutostopChallenge/ Autostop Challange]
30 May - 3 June 2019''' - Hitchhiker Gathering in Tosor, [[ Kyrgyzstan]] : Let's meet at the southern shore of Issyk Kul lake. There are plenty of abandoned beaches and hitchhiking is pretty easy in this area. The mountains just some hundered meters away. [ https:// www.facebook.com/ events/421693128652024/ Facebook event] [https:// www. trustroots.org/ search?offer=5cc73286878786796ea947bb Trustroots meeting]
1 - 2 June 2019''' - [ https://facebook. com/hungarohitch HungaroHitch] organizes a hitchhiker race in Hungary, starting from Budapest. Registration and more info --> [ http:// hungarohitch. com/ index_eng.html HungaroHitch.com]
8 June 2019''' Pentecost race - Hitchhiking: Starting from Dresden, Germany we hitch hike around 400km to a wonderful, yet still secret destination that will be announced at the start of the event. Although strictly, it's a race, we basically hitch hiking for fun and for the sake of meeting new people. Around 50 teams/100 participants can join. Visit our website [ https://www. tramperrennen. de/ www. tramperrennen.de] for more information/to join!
== Old Events ==
* '''2 February 2019''' We're trying to set up a hitchhikers gathering in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Saturday, February 2nd. If you're around and you'd like to join, shout out on our event on [https://www.couchsurfing.com/events/hitchhikers-gathering-encuentro-viajeros-a-dedo Couchshurfing] website.
* '''25-27 January 2019''' [[Competitive autostop]] winter race organized by the [[DTSG]] in the Rhön mountains (central Germany). More information on their [https://sporttrampen.de/rhon-race-2019/ website in English]. Everybody welcome to participate!
* '''17 August - 1 September 2018''' [[Tramprennen]] 2018 - hitchhiking-race from Germany, Austria and Switzerland to Bosnia! More information on [https://tramprennen.org/ Tramprennen.org]
* '''1-14 August 2018''' - [[Hitchgathering/2018|Hitchgathering 2018]] in Razana near Kosjerić, Serbia ([https://www.facebook.com/events/201258653852182/ fb]).
* '''4-11 August 2018''' - Competitive Hitchhiking Race by the Russian Club of Competitive Hitchhiking [https://vk.com/autostop.live Клуб Спортивного Автостопа].
* '''4-12 August 2018''' - [https://www.facebook.com/events/110185313023018/ 7. European Hitchhike Competition] from Leipzig to North Cape.