Jump to navigation Jump to search
no edit summary
We opened a special 888-Evaluation page, for which we are also looking for your input. Go [http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/888/Evaluation there] and hit edit to share your thoughts.
One of the aims of the event was to promote hitchhiking, also by means of press-coverage. We had some nice success here. There was some coverage from the main French press agency AFP and the most popular French weekly magazine (Paris Match) did a video for its web edition ([http://www.parismatch.com/dans-l-oeil-de-match/reportages/le-projet-888-rassemble-les-autostoppeurs-europeens/(gid)/46523 see video]), as well as some national radio-stations like France Info and France Inter. We also had press-coverage in Austria and the Netherlands, in the latter we were aired on a main TV news channel ([http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/Video:Robino_Hitchhiking see video]).
===The Documentary Project===
No less than 4 film-making teams consisting in a hitchhiker and a cameraman hitchhiked to Paris. The four stories including the events during the actual 888 weekend, and interviews with Ludovic Hubler and Andre Brugiroux will be edited in Copenhagen, Denmark, to make one single documentary. It will take some time to have this finished, several months for sure, but we will keep you posted about it.
===Stories & Photos===
Some stories have been submitted, see for example '[http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/888/Reports/Sitarane A Nomadic Date in Paris]' by Julien and '2 weeks trip' on Hitchhiking is not a crime! [http://my.opera.com/patrishnik/blog/2-weeks-trip link] by Patryk, the youngest hitchhiker. It would be great if you also want to share your story... There is also a flickr-group for the photos, check [http://flickr.com/groups/paris-888/pool/ http://flickr.com/groups/paris-888/pool/] and feel free to add yours.
===Next year: []===
789? The second edition of the European Hitchhiking Week? We hope for you that it will be a pleasure once again to share another experience together. Of course, it will be very difficult to do better, but if all participate a little, it will be our paradise :) Check [http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/789 hitchwiki.org/en/789] for more information, and feel free to take part in the discussion.
===Some Hitchhiking Anecdotes===
* There was a lot of space in the car, I asked him take me to Orléans, he said: O.k. I will give you a ride! Oh no, I can't, my wheels will touch the car !!!
* One hitchhiker arrived from [http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/Linz Linz] after 21 hours of hitchhiking. He then could only stay for 4 hours as he had to return home again to be back in time for his job.
* At least two attendees just took a plane from Berlin(!) to get to the meeting.
* 23 August - 5 September 2008/open end - [http://vivaconagua.org/index.htm?post?388 Viva con Agua] hitchhiking race from [http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/Hamburg Hamburg]/St.Pauli to the EXPO 2008 in [[Saragossa]] with the topic ''Water and Sustainable Development''.
* 5-7 September - The Annual [http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/abgefahren abgefahren e.V.] club meeting will take place at [http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&geocode=3590061396587339222,53.082350,8.792220%3B5107824826627978613,53.551460,8.569310&q=oberkeil&sll=53.209322,8.698425&sspn=1.135002,2.323608&ie=UTF8&ll=49.998471,11.515388&spn=0.152277,0.420914&z=12 Oberkeil] close to
[http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/Bayreuth Bayreuth]. Open for everyone. Workshops, talks, etc. More info > http://meeting.abgefahren-ev.de/
* 7-13 August 2009. 2nd European Hitchhiking Week, [http://www.hitchwiki.org/en/789 hitchwiki.org/en/789] location yet to be determined.
'''Accommodation / third option?'''
A third option would be if we can find a court-yard somewhere in Paris or another spot closer within the city for about 20 tents. This would be the perfect way by which we could actually combine groups of people that are hosted in the city and others staying in a tent but closer to the city. If you know anything, please share your thoughts in the 888-group.
'''Documentary about Hitchhiking '''
Email: [email protected]
Cell Phone: +31(0)626071803