Hitchgathering is the name of a series of international hitchhiking gatherings held in Europe and Northern America since 2008. 2014 will also see the first Oceanian Hitchgathering.
Organizing the event
- All communications about the gathering happen on the email list (firstname.lastname@example.org) and in the Facebook group
- If you are not on the list, register in hitchgathering.org or directly through the listserver
- Feel free to edit the wiki page for Hitchgathering 2014 in Europe and Hitchgathering North America 2014!
- The location is not far from the village but is appart and people are cool with us camping there. There are not many people living there and most of the houses are abandoned.
- The place should be enough for 100+ people and as I said above is appart from the houses.
- The place has a owner but I asked the barmen there to talk to the owner of the place and he confirmed .
- There is running water nearb to clean and cook and since the place is not far from the village is very easy to find drinking water everywhere.
- I think we can save some hidden place to dig shitpits.
- It was an olive field.
- No dumpsters nearby (at least no dumpsters from where we can find sth to eat) but buying vegetables from the locals is not expensive.
Early August, typically at first weekend. People will arrive some days earlier and many stay for like 1-2 weeks. New people keep coming and going during these two weeks. Festival sort of fades in and fades out, most busiest days having over 100 people at once.
Each year somebody suggests if the main event could be moved to June/July. Each time we come again to same conclusion: early August is the most optimal for all the students/working people to have a hitching trip. There will be smaller pre- and post-gatherings happening all the summer.
- Project-888, european hitchhiking gathering in Paris, France on August 8, 2008.
- 789-Festival, european hitchhiking gathering in Odesa, Ukraine on August 7, 2009.
- 6810 hitchgathering, european hitchhiking gathering in Sines, Portugal on August 6, 2010.
- North-American hitchgathering in Boulder, Colorado on August 21, 2010.
- North American Gathering 2011
- 5-8-11 in Kara Dere, Bulgaria on August 5 2011
- Hitchgathering 4-8-12 was held in Lithuania
- Hitchgathering 5-8-13 was held in Slovakia.
- 2014 North American Hitchgathering Location Voting in Progress here.
|This article is a stub. This means that the information available to us is obviously insufficient. In these places little information is available or the description is severely outdated. If you have been there, whether hitchhiking, for travel or as part of an organized tour − be sure to extend this article!|