- 1 Ambraziškiai
- 2 Photos from the gathering
- 3 Visa info
- 4 Organizers
- 5 Pre-meetings
- 6 Other meetings, events
- 7 To Do
- 8 After-meetings
The 2012 European Hitch Gathering will be in Ambraziškiai, near Molėtai, Lithuania. The date is still Saturday 4 August 2012.
In the village there's a shop (we'll inform them so they can prepare a bit).
Photos from the gathering
- People! Dropbox is nonfree! Sitarane
Lithuania is part of European Union and most people don't need a visa. If you are from outside EU, it's different from country to country. Share what you know about each below.
Team of people ready to take responsibility on the ground:
- Name | contact details | special contribution/interests
- Mikael (Vilnius)
- Tuchkus (Kaunas HH club)
- See contact for more.
Assemble and organize on the forum. Then post details here.
Other meetings, events
Almost everywhere, see map.
Be the change you want to see in the world --Einstein
- Tell your friends
- Tell hitchhikers you meet on the road
- Write cardboards with hitchgathering.org, the place and date (and maybe more) and place them at popular hitchhiking spots ... be creative and use your colorful markers!
- Draw your own flyers :)
- Spread the word around hitchhiking clubs and websites in your country/your language
- Post on your hitchhiking / travel / nomad blog or website about the gathering
- Tell your favorite hitchhiking / travel / nomad blog author to write about it
- Organize a pre-meeting (can be early like May/June/July to raise attention and connect people)
- Translate a ready-made article in your local language and offer it to newspapers
- Flyer draft 4.jpg
- Flyer draft 8.jpg
- Flyer draft 9.jpg
- Tell the village shop we're coming in force. They need to put their garbage outside :D someone that speaks LT put their name here, merci.
- Youp, we'll call, no problem! - Mikael 15:14, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
We can create content simply under /lt/ etc pages, or create multiple websites under WP. I recommend that we don't translate everything, but rather create "about" page in multiple languages - would be useful in future years, too. - Mikael 01:40, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- How do we do that? Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- You can go to edit pages here and see the stuff under "language"? Just add new pages in languages and add whatever content you feel like should be translated. ;-) At least short what/when/where. You can translate press and/or about pages. Currently Tomi/Astikain, Julien/Sitarane, Mikael, Jona/N0id, Ralf/Platschi, Kasper/Guaka can edit pages. Send me your hitchwiki account if you wish to be able to edit stuff, or just edit to the wiki and I'll add it later to the site. -Mikael 15:19, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- sent an invitation to the polish hitchhiking clubs - n0id will do it soon, but if you're faster go ahead --N0id 14:14, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
Ready made articles
Find in the link below some material to help you talk to the media entities and stuff like that.
Last year's articles
- Getting big cooking pots to the spot (being organized on the mailing list).
Being done by Bea and Mikael
Being organized in the forum. Write details here.
- Main website: HitchGathering.org
- Facefuck event: Hitchgathering 2012 in Facebook
- Threads in Couchsurfing.org groups (I know, it's an evil corporation led by Satan and his minions but here goes anyways):
(If you could comment on these threads every now and then they wouldn't be lost before the event. Thanks! --Astikain 00:25, 17 July 2012 (CEST))
- Couchsurfing activity/event thing: Hitchgathering 2012
- On BeWelcome forumAnnouncement
(shamelessly bump it every now and then) --Youllneverfindme
- Need a #hashtag suggest below
#hitchgathering too long
- I like that, can be combine with other tags #hitchhiking... Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- Wait, it returns a lot of junk, very bad Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- I like the one above. --N0id 14:15, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
- +1 Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)