Hitchgathering is the name of a series of international hitchhiking gatherings held in Europe and Northern America since 2008.
Organizing the event
- All communications about the gathering happen on the email list ([email protected]) and in the Facebook group
- If you are not on the list, register in hitchgathering.org or directly through the listserver
- Feel free to edit the wiki page for Hitchgathering 2017 in Europe.
Proposing a place
Remember to tackle the following questions when you scout for a location:
- Is there space for 100-200 persons?
- Can we acquire drinking water somewhere nearby?
- Are there possibilities to dumpster dive or is food cheap?
- How easy/difficult is it to reach the place?
- How secluded is the place?
- Can we just stay at the place or does it belong to somebody, do we need a permission?
- Can we dig shit pits there?
- Can YOU be there to help organizing in the beginning?
- What else is important?
Traumschule in Riebau, Germany
A message by Kardan to the mailing list:
We are happy to host a gathering with free
contributions again - food, knowledge, money, sleeping bags, what people need.
What held me back is that we don't have a current english page http://ts.blogsport.de
This is an open space and if you like, feel invited!
Decide, when and if you want to meet here. I am on this list but you can also reach our group at [email protected]
[...]Kardan from Riebau (Germany)