- Hitchwiki is a collaborative website for gathering information about hitchhiking and other ways of extremely cheap transport.Feel free to share your knowledge with us!
- October - December 2018 Trustroots is hosting a Hackathon somewhere in the south of Portugal, Algarve, or the West Andalusia region of Spain, near the frontier for interested people to contribute with some volunteering mainly for Trustroots, but also a good place for people that want to get into the background of HitchWiki. Check out the details here!
- 8 December - 9 December 2018 HungaroHitch organizes a hitchhiker race in Hungary, starting from Budapest. Registration and more info --> HungaroHitch.com
- 17 August - 1 September 2018 Tramprennen 2018 - hitchhiking-race from Germany, Austria and Switzerland to Bosnia! More information on Tramprennen.org
- 1st - 24th December 2016 There is an advent calender on tramprennen.org. One story about "first time-hitchhiking-experiences" is published everyday. Check http://tramprennen.org/blog/
- 15 November 2016 The first app ever published by Hitchwiki is now available for free (as always) on the Play Store. Download it and keep track of the spots where you hitchhike, your waiting times and so on. In a future version the app will offer you an option to sync your hitching spots with Hitchwiki with no extra work. MyHitchhikingSpots. Special thanks to a random guy who gave an Android phone to one of our hitchhiking developers while traveling in Sweden!
- 25 June 2016 A new official hitchhiking spot has been opened in the Dutch town of Oldemarkt, in response to the insufficient public transport to Steenwijk. In addition a FB group was created to encourage ridesharing on this route.