asa/glen bla - leave your message below
hey Alex! I've seen you've travelled to Amsterdam quite a few times. I'm travelling backpack with 2 friends to Netherlands and it's our first time, so I was wondering if You could give us some useful spots, where to try. We are travelling Eindhoven - A'dam - den Haag - Rotterdam - Breda - Eindhoven. thanks for your help! tinca
- Hey! I like the work you did! :) guakasite, wikitalk 20:30, 24 July 2008 (CEST)
- Hi alex, I wanted to go to Iran, how many days we wait in ankara to get the visa ? --MiSha 21:59, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the notice. I do not have much time right now (and a slow access), but I will try to have a look on it next week. The question is what you would like to have there... just a forum? More? What else? --Alex 16:29, 16 September 2008 (CEST)
- The question should be: what do hitchhikers want to have there who are ready to invest some time in it :) Since it's Drupal it's very extensible. It could be useful for finalizing the Random Roads magazine, it could be used as a forum for 789, or to set up RSS feeds of anything related to hitchhiking that we can pull in, or create a Facebook app... guakasite, wikitalk 18:22, 16 September 2008 (CEST)
- I don't know, I guess you can see it like that. However, I like to stimulate people before they become active in order that they become active... so the first thing would always be usability, then we can see... what is needed/wanted? --Alex 21:36, 21 September 2008 (CEST)
I've contributed 20 euro's a while ago to Abgefahren eV. I've sent it to you personally by post, according to regulations of the club. As far as I was able to find out, I've not been acknowledged as a contributing member ever since. --Fverhart 10:03, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Solved. --Alex 10:56, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
Hi! Your user page category has been changed to Category:Hitchhikers because from now on this will be a standard categorization for hitchhikers on hitchwiki.org (see this discussion here for the reasons of doing so). If you want to be categorized by country, too, chose your country from the categories on Category:Hitchhikers page (or create your own one if the country of your current location is not on the list - in case you need help with that, please write about it here).
The hitchwiki team
Thanks for the pix
Hey, nice pictures. I spread them around a bit more. It would be good though, to use some more specific names (e.g. Alex-hitching-in-Iran-November-2008.jpg). Also, it's good to avoid "I" in articles, just use 3rd person style to write about yourself ("alex never waited longer than 10 minutes to get a ride"). Anyway, seeing your edits here is a reason for joy :) guaka 00:28, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- hm... ok, i will try to make the pictures more search engine conform. nevertheless, i like speaking about myself in the first person - i will come with something up. --Alex 10:56, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
Trying to thumb it to M'sia in summer
I'm Craig (20) from Germany. With my brother I'm planning on hitching from Turkey to Malaysia though we dunno yet how to deal with Bangladesh/Myanmar region.
ANYWAYS, I wanna ask you bout Iran. Gimme your most important pieces of advice for: 1. route (cross from Turkey to Pakistan) 2. approximate distance you can hitch in a day comfortably 3. Visa
Hope to see you on abgefahren e.V. race in Freiburg in two weeks!
Yours Craig --Halt, Stop! Reudnitz kommt. 20:07, 30 May 2011 (CEST)
Hey Alex! I want to ask you about your experiences about Dubai airport? Well if you actually used the airport? I am worried about going through their checks. Because I read many stories about people being thrown to jail for microscopic amounts of marijuana, like 0,003 g. I dont carry marijuana and its not in my blood, but I dont know if i have 0,003 g somewhere on my belongings. I hope you can help me with some info? Here or on my mail jakobmed at gmail dot com. The sooner the better, thanks! --Jakobwithk 11:58, 27 December 2011 (CET)
Hey Alex! I wanted to read your blog about hitching from Europe to Yemen (man do I envy those times...) but the link is dead... Any chance you still have that blog post somewhere? Thanks! Uncle sam01 (talk) 04:26, 14 May 2017 (UTC) - Unfortunately not. :-( --Alex (talk) 12:55, 19 July 2017 (UTC)