Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here is part of my hitch hiking bio and show off... ;)
- I started hitch hiking some years back in South Africa. Since then I hitch hike every year more than what the average person travels with their own car, train and maybe plane together. Lately, I hitchhiked back to Europe from Yemen.
- I see hitchhiking as a normal, even though special, mean of transport. I do appreciate the personal and, on a bigger scale, the cultural exchange and empowerment level of hitch hiking. Most of the times I try to put hitch hiking in a big and interconnected picture.
- I do highly appreciate the diversity of hitch hiking.
- I am a fan of hitch hiking techniques, the psychology of hitchhiking and scientific views on hitchhiking, but also the hitch hiking flow and hitch hiking as meditation.
- I do appreciate (and stimulate) and I active for the exchange of information and cooperation within and to the outside of the hitchhiking community. Further, I am active for the sustainability of hitch hiking related activities and projects.
- I pushed the establishment of and (co)founded abgefahren e.V., the German Hitchhiking Society in order, a.o., to facilitate more sustainability in the (German) hitch hiking scene.
- I work on making hitch hiking mainstream. Concrete project plans range from holding a hitch hiking congress, over organizing a Youth Exchange on European level (European Mobility aspect), to give a helping hand in order to get finally the Global Autostop Race realised.