This is pretty complicated material. And there should probably be separate articles about the West Bank and Gaza. Also, I don't really know how it works yet, but in the West Bank there might in fact be separate Israeli and Palestinian roads... guaka 23:21, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
You're right, a new page for Gaza could be good, although i'm in doubt we could gather enough info there. There are a few roads for Jews only in the West bank, although the majority are either shared, or under Palestinian authority control. indeed complicated. Anyhow, I added links from the Jerusalem page and from the Jordan page. Another thing that might help will be a small explanation about border crossings (AKA checkpoints). Lior.
Hey people, thanks for finding a way for this. Best might be to cover Gaza and West Bank both at the Palestinian Territory article, for so far they both are this. Both articles also could redirect to Palestinian Territory article, for sure. So it might be easier to find information for the whole territory. Hm, difficult stuff. Platschi 00:07, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- I don't really understand why the information I added about attacks related with hitchhiking in the palestinian teritories  was erased. It would be nice to give me an explanation.--Kimdime69 11:48, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Platschi > thanks for the re-design. it fits and looks good, I will try and remember any spots from the west bank i can think of. Kimdime69 > I do not think that the history of attacks on Jewish settlers on the West Bank is necessry. It happened quite some time ago, and there is no threat to any foreigners hh'ing in the West Bank from any "terrorist" activites - unless they dress up like Jewish settlers, which tend to have a distinct dressing code. In short, just like in Wikitravel they dont add info about every train incident, or about past attacks on flights, I don't think there is a place here to details those rare incidents. Liorv
- Well my point is just that it's that this information is interesting even if it's not a direct threat for foreigners going there. This page is about hitchhiking in palestinian territories right? So all information related to hitchhiking there is from my point of view interesting. Practical information but also general information about hitchhiking in this area. You say it happened time ago. Well, the events I mentionned happened 2-3 years ago, is that really long time ago? I don't think so.
- By the way, maybe from your point of view this page is made for foreigners travelling in this area. From my point of view, this page and all this wiki is made for all people doing hitchhiking or picking hitchhikers and even for people witch are just curious about hitchhiking. Therefore if for exemple a jewish settler visit this article he should also find acurate information about hitchhiking in palestinian territories so for exemple it should be mentionned just as you remind it here that it's more dangerous to hitchake in the west bank if you look like a religious jewish. Look obvious but what look obvious for one is not always obvious for others.--Kimdime69 15:46, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Note: After reareading my comment, I realized that it could be perceived as agressive, of course it is not my purpose, so sorry if it was perceived like this. I just want to discuss quitely about this issue:)--Kimdime69 17:28, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
The West bank- Gaza seperation
I disagree with the division between the West bank and the Gaza strip - They are not miles apart. They both have the same people, just not the same government and current living conditions. As far as hh'ing is concerend, they are the same (except for the presence of settlers in the WB). Furthermore, as far as Palestinans think about it, the political division is temporaily.
Else I edited the Gaza page to have some info on getting in, and removed the part saying Israelis are not allowed in (I know of 3 that entered in the last 2 months).
- Thanks for the edits on Gaza. I know it's a tricky issue, but the fact that the regions have different governments, different living conditions, different people living there is enough for having another article.
- By the way, it's nice to sign messages here using ~~~~. And if you're around... let's meet, I'd love to hear more about Gaza. guaka 17:19, 19 November 2008 (UTC)