What to put into the article and what not
i put the Guiness Book Part out, because compared to the amount of information in the other headlines, this seems to be a bit too much and too boring (to be honest). Also the "Suggestions" are a bit useless. I vote to exclude this.
"Further reference" makes sense to me in this article and can stay.
Maybe the "Guiness Book of Records Hitchhiking" fit more into another article about the History of Hitchhiking within the Guiness Book.
The 24 hour entry of you Robert is included in the new list. No need to have it twice in the article. I furthermore don´t see a point to just copy paste the old article under the new one. Maybe you want to explain your intention with this edit. :)
I will stop editing, before we worked something out here.
World Records related to hitchhiking has been removed from guiness book years ago. why shouldn't we start a new list? what do you think? how can somebody prove a world record? any ideas? --Quarim 07:31, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- we could allow people to claim a record, until someone else overrides it? Persons should be in our trust-networks for matter of knowing it is true or not. --Robino 14:00, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
... is virtually impossible and that's why (or so I guess) the Guinness Book of Records has stopped accepting them. I asked the four drivers who helped me cover the 2,318.4 km for their names and addresses, but Guinness initially wasn't interested. It was only because I'd been in touch with Ken Welsh a couple of years earlier, to point out that someone had plagiarized his "Hitch-Hikers Guide to Europe" that they relented.
If we're going to set up a records page, it will depend on honesty and we should only accept claims from people who actually keep some kind of logs. My € 0.02... --Prino 18:13, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
North Cape to Gibraltar
That one seems a little odd - is it in hitchhiker's popular culture, or why is it there instead of maybe North Cape to the Algarve or to Sicily or to the Bosporus?--Zenit 18:50, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- It is very odd indeed, Faro to Riga had a race, so that would be a more worthy inclusion... Prino 22:56, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-11 15:27:04, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-12 02:01:55, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-13 02:02:20, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-14 02:02:13, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-15 02:02:05, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-16 02:02:01, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-17 02:01:55, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-18 02:01:39, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-19 02:03:39, Socket Error: 'Connection timed out'
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-20 02:03:28, 404 Not Found
--Lanigiro 03:03, 20 November 2010 (CET)