Hitchwiki:Possible Logo Re-designs
- Ok, so I tried to take all of your suggestions and put them into a nice, entirely new logo. This one is classic-looking, with an urbanish feel, bright colors, sharp lines, iconic yet with some subtlety. amylin
- I like this, very seventies, very cool :) Guaka 03:16, 17 December 2006 (CET)
- yay. that's what i was going for, more or less. :) amylin
The 70's were really COOL! Cheap drugs, free sex, uncrowded waves, easy hitching, cheap petrol, abundance of well paid casual work... Ahhh, take me back there, please. Luna1
- Man, I wish I were around then :) amylin
- I think its a bit too sexy. I mean, my bet is that the user population of Hitchwiki is mostly male so to put a young female in a hip swimming pose as a logo is a bit not-so appropriate. Why not a similar image with a boy in a tight pants? Or a couple? Also she doesn't have her hand fisted, it thats a verb. -- Eiland 15:21, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- I like this one. But it took me a while to realize that this are two hands. Maybe this could be made a bit more clearly? --MrTweek 14:30, 6 December 2006 (CET)
I like the slogan, except with 'extend' "Extend your thumb, expand your mind"
- I prefer this one. Could you make Hitchwiki slightly more readable? And possibly with the "button" border of Logo 1? Guaka 14:11, 6 December 2006 (CET)
- My preference. Problems I see: The light zones surrounding the four other fingers of the hand look like shadow in the dark versions, here it makes it difficult to recognize the hands. I would like to see dark shadows instead of this aura. --Speckmade 02:22, 14 December 2006 (CET)
- personally, i like this one the most. it looks the most like a strange rorschach (what i was going for originally), and i like the color palette to it more. i could change it up a bit, though. amylin
- I'd like the text to be "the art of hitchhiking by hitchhikers", without the dots :) Guaka 06:23, 7 December 2006 (CET)
- prettier. amylin
- but looks like too dark and evil --02:53, 8 December 2006 (CET)
- I agree. But amylin's a bit stubborn.
- And Joe says "
it's terrible", I will strike through that. Guaka 03:45, 8 December 2006 (CET)
- amylin says "Joe, design a logo".
I like the unique quality, but it seems better to have a clean, easy-to-print, vector-based logo... something that is iconic and represents hitchhiking to all types of people. Good effort so far, amylin. I will also throw in a few image-based ideas later this week. Salman 12:44, 11 December 2006 (CET)
- I like this one. Personally I don't generally like bright, clear, clean logos - advertising is full of them - for a good reason of course...they SELL! I feel though, the purpose of the logo for this wiki is to express the essence of the wiki in helping give it an identity rather than to SELL it (at least in a commercial sense).
I'd love to see more of Amylin's designs to see if see comes up with anything even better. Luna1
Light Colors blabla
- i hate this one. but it looks not "evil". hah. amylin
Thumb logo concept
So I made this real quick-like in MS Paint, because I lack skills. But the concept is clear. Personally I like the one that's already being used, but whatever. If someone wanted to remake this with skills, I think it'd work pretty well. KennethSime 07:36, 21 December 2006 (CET)
I was thinking about something like this, and maybe on the sides we could put the flags of the countries we've hitchhiked through. TruckThor April 22nd 2007