Hitchgathering 2011 is the temporary title for the fourth edition of the annual European hitchhiking festival.
Let's set a date for the next one and from there, go back in time and set a couple of deadlines for stuff to get done.
- Have a location (city level): 15 december
- The gathering: 5/8/11
- 5 August is fine, it's a Friday and in context with the previous versions. Pro! --Platschi 16:15, 26 September 2010 (CEST)
Have requirements for the suggestion of places
- Person that suggests a spot becomes responsible on setting up a team to organize it there.
- Pros and cons
- Central or more adventurous destination?
If you have a place where you know 100-150 hitchhikers can be hosted and you can take care of making sure there is local support (also just by finding someone locally that wants to take care of this part), please, list the location. :)
Bristol -- xo
- 100-150 hh can easily be hosted in squat like The Red Factory or other, a squat could even be open if needed.
- There is also enough food for everyone in the large population of dumpster in the city.
- Most of the Noborder activist in Calais are people from Bristol, as most hitch-hiker would pass by Calais maybe some action in collaboration could be made.
- Huge number of contact (including local media) and local support with individual and different group.
- Central (It's very close to London, the north of France, Ireland and Benelux) AND more adventurous destination, You've got to cross the channel fuck yeah boat hitching !
- The beer is great, and you're supposed to drink it warm (which we WILL do)
- UK Immigration polities and visa issue
- You've got to cross the channel
- HH sucks in Britain.
- Doesn't qualify as "central for a big gathering" nor "far and more adventurous". It's far and boring.
- Beer sucks