Welcome to the Hitchwiki, Zander! Feel free to start new articles, e.g. Athens, Georgia, or to add some more stuff to Georgia and other places you've hitchhiked in! :) --Guaka 17:22, 21 May 2007 (CEST)
Hey guys! I'm actually taking a trip starting tomorrow, Athens to Asheville NC, so I won't be near a computer for a few days. Whenever I have time, though, I'll definitely add some fresh material here. As for hitching in GA, strangely enough, I've had the most luck in and around my home in Gwinnett county. It's weird to think that folks in the upper-middle class suburbs would pick up hitchhikers, but for whatever reason they do. Other than this, most of my time spent hitching in GA is either going home or going somewhere else, so the bulk of my hitchhiking lies elsewhere. What about you, Zac? Zander 12:49, 22 May 2007 (EST)
- Most of my hitching is in Europe. I've done it to get around GA a bit but only about 30 miles at a time to visit friends. I usually don't have much trouble except that on HWY 400 people are usually only traveling about one exit.
- By the way, how is the Athens scene? I've wanted to check it out for a while. I wanted to go work with FNB some time because Athens is the only active chapter I can find, but I couldn't find any information, and it didn't want to risk the long ride on the only, outdated information I could find. I've heard it's pretty cool down there, and if you can squat, it can't be that bad. I may come check it out some time. Zactalk 23:13, 22 May 2007 (CEST)
- Athens is a fantastic place, the only place I've felt comfortable calling my home since I started traveling. You should definitely check it out. As for Food Not Bombs, we meet Monday and Wednesday at 4pm and Saturday at 12 noon at Common Ground Progressive Resource Center, 157 N. Newton St. Help is always appreciated at FNB.
- I'd love to show you around Athens, but it'll have to be soon. I just hitched to Asheville and back in two days, and I've been bitten by that traveling bug hard. I think I'll be hitching to the west coast very soon, and I'm not sure I'll be coming back. Zander 15:48, 25 May 2007 (EST)
- Well I hope I can but I don't know. I'm a little tied up in a factory these days because I got deported from the UK and had no money so it was either get flown back to Morocco with nothing or buy a $1k ticket back to ATL on credit. I did the latter (I sort of doubt whether it was the right choice now), but here I am paying off that ticket and then bill collectors start harassing me about not paying for the school I dropped out of and all that other financial bullshit hat happens. At one point I had decided to just say fuck it all and move somewhere where I don't have a credit file yet, but I guess they got the best of me.
- Anyway, I might be able to next week if at all. I'm taking a week off for my girlfriends graduation so we can do something, I might suggest that we go over to Athens and check it out. We were gonna do FNB a while ago but like I said, I couldn't get any up to date info.
- And I know what you mean about that traveling bug man. I have been dealing with it since the week after I graduated. I haven't been around the states yet. I plan to, but my travels are always on the other side of the Atlantic. I think I'm going to change that though. Getting across the pond is getting so damn expensive and dollars are turning into Monopoly money in Europe. Zactalk 00:11, 26 May 2007 (CEST)
- Update! I'm coming to Athens to do FNB Wednesday. I don't know if you'll be there or if you'll get this before tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be able to pick you out of the crowd haha. Me and my girlfriend will be there, I suppose you will probably be able to tell who we are since we'll be first timers and we're both really short :). Zactalk 18:41, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
Hi! Your user page category has been changed to Category:Hitchhikers in the United States because from now on this (along with the old Category:Hitchhikers) will be a standard categorization for hitchhikers on hitchwiki.org (see this discussion here for the reasons of doing so). If for some reason you don't want to be categorized by country, feel free to delete country category on your page leaving only a standard Category:Hitchhikers. We hope you don't mind.
The hitchwiki team