There's always something to do.
- Jan 31 2015 - Right now links from Hitchwiki to Nomadwiki.org and Trashwiki.org are quite hidden, but that’s about to change with new version of Hitchwiki we’re developing now. Therefore we're calling for help to migrate non-hitching related contents out from Hitchwiki and creating links between all these wikis!
- Dec 2016 Outlook: in that brand new hitchwiki 2.0 the maps are highly integrated with mediawiki (API extension, on github) and there are plenty of client libraries to access that API already. Under the hood are wiki articles with semantic mediawiki tags distinguishing them from the rest of content. First we make sure users are able to save spots, comments, waiting times, hitchability ratings, etc. Later on, with the api working and the app is good, a new version comes up with the option to sync the saved spots with Hitchwiki.
- Oct 2017 We made some progress towards a public beta. Check it out: beta.hitchwiki.org. Next we'll import current dumps from HW. Let us know, if you want to help testing. (PHP and database skills wanted but not necessary)
Hitchwiki needs you
So far Hitchwiki has been running without a budget of any significance. In order to keep it running smoothly in this way we're looking for some folks who are willing to spend some time on Hitchwiki.
- Projects (read first)
- Code (future new version of hitchwiki)
- Contact: join the IRC channel #hitchhiking on freenode (or #hitchhiking:matrix.org) and contact Mikael for an invite to our slack channel
- Mediawiki: Knowledge of templates, editing, MediaWiki namespace, things like this. Semantic MediaWiki is a nice extra.
- Administration: bash scripting, Debian
- puppet would be nice
- Development: PHP, MySQL (most needed: update the maps code - lot's of deprecated function calls)
- Python: Pywikipediabot
WordPress: We have some WordPress stuff.
Not all is necessary of course, every assistance is appreciated. And we are good at spreading links to learn :)
This category has only the following subcategory.