a simple trip recorder for Hitchwiki Maps
Technical user cases
1) Save trips with your GPS/mobile
- Load them manually to Maps (GPX & KML)
2) Add points to the Map manually
3) Save trips with your mobile/computer to Google Latitude (manual/gps/cell towers)
- Maps will load these points automatically
4) Publish your current location to others (all/registered)
- See nearby travellers or all hitchhikers on a one map
- Some additional functionality for trips/points could be included, eg. "make this place a hitchhiking spot"-quicktool, comments etc.
- By some logic, points would be divided into trips. Trips have a starting point and an ending point. Need to solve how to start/end trips when saving stuff from Latitude.
- Widgets/RSS-feed that people could include to their own sites/blogs. (Make a simple WP-plugin for Hitchwiki Community)
- Connect with Hitchlog somehow