Jump to navigation Jump to search
GPS devices that could be useful for hitchhiking.
Maemo mapper is a nice application that lets you track your road. You can download maps from several different services before you go on the road.
- came with nice map software, maps downloadable for quite a few countries (still available at add link)
- you need a car charger for it to be useful
- Many maps can be downloaded onto the phone for offline use. Marble can read Hitchwiki spots, see the how-to.
- Very bad battery time (1-2 days). In 'dumbphone' mode, it lasts about 4-5 days.
- See also high-tech hitchhiking
|This article is a stub. This means that the information available to us is obviously insufficient. In these places little information is available or the description is severely outdated. If you have been there, whether hitchhiking, for travel or as part of an organized tour − be sure to extend this article!|