Help talk:How to add maps to articles
Log In info
username and password??? How do we retrieve since this website does not accept my entry? Maplefanta 02:11, 21 October 2007 (CEST)
I guess Philipp changed something at the login system last thursday/friday, and maybe he made a little mistake. So for now, he's hitching somewhere around and I think he'll manage that stuff the next week. Keep relaxed, dude :) platschisite, wikitalk 19:53, 21 October 2007 (CEST)
- He sent an email to the mailing list about this! :) guakasite, wikitalk 16:44, 22 October 2007 (CEST)
I was wondering if there was a definition sheets for the different icons (points) that can be set on the liftershalte. Some are pretty obvious (hostel, bus station, hitching spot, home...) while others might leave us wondering how and when they are suppose to be used (waypoint especially ...).
Same about the hitching point gradation, does anybody have thought of a general definition of what they would/should be meaning. In another hand, I had a suggestion in matter to complete the 'senseless' hitching point option as well as anything else: A 'Warning' point, which who knows could be taking the shape of a ! or an explosion: It could simply be mean to notify about a road where its completely useless to walk towards to hitch or a park or area that is 'unsafe' such as Iraq.
About the hitching spot definition, if there is none yet, the logic parameter are: Road Quality and safety (views, shoulder...), Accessibility, Lenght and traffic flow, Official spot or recognised as such, Willingness of drivers and possibility to reach destination. Maplefanta 15:07, 13 November 2007 (CET)
- The waypoint is kind of historical. My usual intention to make liftershalte was to track my hitchhiking trips. So I created this icon to mark special points on the way. I guess it's useless now and I should remove it.
- The ratings are always very subjective of course, and I can't think of a good general definition. 'Senseless' was meant to be a warning. Changing the icon to make it a bit more obvious sounds good. Anyone wants to paint something? :)
- Warnings about unsafe places like iraq are probably better placed in the hitchwiki-articles.
- By the way, I'm planning to merge liftershalte and hitchwiki completely, because I find it quite unusable now, with so many spots, but adding the maps to hitchwiki is just great.
- For the rest of the year, I'm very short of time, but I'll see what I can do. --MrTweeksite, wikitalk 16:11, 13 November 2007 (CET)