Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here is part of my hitch-hiking bio and show off... ;)
- I started hitch hiking some years back in South Africa. Since then I hitch hike every year more than what the average person travels with their own car, train and maybe plane together. Lately, I hitchhiked back to Europe from Yemen.
- I see hitchhiking as a normal, even though special, means of transport. I do appreciate the personal and --on a bigger scale-- the cultural exchange and empowerment perspective of hitch-hiking. Most of the time, I try to put hitch-hiking in a big and interconnected picture.
- I do highly appreciate the diversity of hitch-hiking.
- I am a fan of hitch-hiking techniques, the psychology of hitchhiking and scientific views on hitchhiking; but also the hitch-hiking flow and hitch-hiking as meditation.
- I do appreciate, stimulate and I am active for the exchange of information and cooperation within and to the outside of the hitchhiking community. Further, I am active for the sustainability of hitch hiking related activities and projects.
- I (co)founded abgefahren e.V., the German Hitchhiking Society in order, a.o., to facilitate more sustainability in the (German) hitch-hiking scene.
- I push on making hitch-hiking mainstream. Concrete project plans range from holding a hitch-hiking congress, over organizing a Youth Exchange on European level (European Mobility aspect), to give a helping hand in order to get finally the Global Autostop Race realised.