Difference between revisions of "Talk:Beijing"
Revision as of 05:29, 18 January 2014
On "Leo Hostel"
I stayed at Leo Hostel based on this recommendation but there's a few reasons hitchhikers might not like it:
- It has no kitchen.
- The only common area that's heated in the winter is the bar.
- You can't bring your own food or drink to the bar (and there's no other place to eat/drink your own food.)
- Food and drinks in the bar are double to triple the prices at typical Chinese places down the street.
- You can't hang out in the bar (the only common area) after midnight unless are buying drinks. Tricky for planning your next leg or doing your Wi-Fi stuff.
- I find the staff to be mostly pretty unfriendly.
But it is in a great location, does have plenty of guests even in the low season, has Wi-Fi in the dorms, is only 40 RMB per night for the cheapest dorm, and some of my complaints might be moot in the warmer weather. — Hippietrail (talk) 06:29, 18 January 2014 (CET)