Jump to navigation Jump to search
* ''' 1-2 June 2019''' - HungaroHitch organizes a hitchhiker race in Hungary, starting from [[Budapest]]. Registration and more info on our [http://hungarohitch.com/index_eng.html website] or [https://facebook.com/hungarohitch FB]. <noinclude>-- -- == Old Events == <!-- Please make sure events are in chronological order (recent on top) when moving multiple events here at once. Thanks! -->'''2019'''
updated past events
<!-- Highlight ongoing big events with: <span style="background-color:#ffeeb9;">Text here</span> -->
<!-- ======================================= -->
30 May - 3 June 2019''' - Hitchhiker Gathering in Tosor, [ [Kyrgyzstan]]: Let's meet at the southern shore of Issyk Kul lake. There are plenty of abandoned beaches and hitchhiking is pretty easy in this area. The mountains just some hundered meters away. [https:// www.facebook.com/ events/ 421693128652024/ FB] or [https:// www. trustroots.org/ search?offer=5cc73286878786796ea947bb Trustroots Meeting]
8 June 2019''' Pentecost race - Hitchhiking: Starting from [[Dresden]], Germany we hitch hike around 400km to a wonderful, yet still secret destination that will be announced at the start of the event. Although strictly, it's a race, we basically hitchhike for fun and for the sake of meeting new people. Around 50 teams/100 participants can join. Visit [https://www. tramperrennen. de/ our website] for more information/to join!
22-24 June 2019''' 6th Swiss Hitchhiking Championship: As every year we will start in the little bilingual town [[ Fribourg]] (not to confound with Freiburg in Germany ;) ) and will hitchhike in teams of 2 people to a surprise destination. Participation is free. Register [ http://www.autostoppp.ch/en/ championship-2019 / here].
* '''31 July - 4 August 2019''' [http://www.hitchfest.space/en/ HitchFest 2019] in Portugal! The HitchFest is back, to deepen our sharing around travel, ecology, activism, art and self-discovery. Like [https://www.facebook.com/hitchfest/ the page], join [https://www.facebook.com/events/457857054981554/ the event] and [https://ppl.pt/en/hitchfest support the crowdfunding]!
* '''3-11 August 2019''' After traveling Istanbul, Lisbon, Palermo, Thessaloniki, Baku and the cold North Cape last year, we will hitchhike this year from [[Gdańsk]] (Poland) to Santiago de Compostela (Spain). Free, cool people, big adventure ([https://www.facebook.com/events/260677781474309/ FB]).
* '''27-31 August 2019''' ''IUAES2019 CFP - Hitchhiking: affect, spaces and stories.'' An academic panel will discuss hitchhiking in the end of August in Poland. We will hitch to the event, and try an organise some activity during the event. For more information, visit [https://www.cas-sca.ca//call-for-papers/13440-iuaes2019-cfp-hitchhiking-affect-spaces-and-stories here] or email me at [email protected] - username Subaculture on CS/BW etc.
* '''27 April - 6 May 2019''' - Same as every year, 6 different size hitchhiking races start from different locations in Poland, going mostly southwards. More info at events sites: [https://www.facebook.com/autostoprace/ AutoStopRace] [https://www.facebook.com/mmautostop/ MMA] [https://www.facebook.com/wyscigautostopem/ Wyścig Autostopem] [https://www.facebook.com/krakostop/ KrakoStop] [https://www.facebook.com/polirajd/ PoliRajd] [https://www.facebook.com/AutostopChallenge/ Autostop Challange]
* '''2 February 2019''' We're trying to set up a hitchhikers gathering in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Saturday, February 2nd. If you're around and you'd like to join, shout out on our event on [https://www.couchsurfing.com/events/hitchhikers-gathering-encuentro-viajeros-a-dedo Couchshurfing] website.