Hitchbiking is a mixture between hitchhiking and biking. Instead of waiting on on single spot for someone to pick you up you are sitting on a bike, already heading for your destination. Once a Pickup Truck or a big truck showes up you rise your thumb and smile. Some prefer to park the bike at a good Hitchhiking spot and wait there for a ride.
- You are never get stuck in a bad hitchhiking spot.
- You are more flexible because you don t depend on traffic. That means you can explore little beaches, rivers or villages with your bike and hitchbike further afterwards.
- You get a lot of attention if you are running on your bike with all the luggage.
- You can enjoy beautifull parts of our trip on a slow pace with your bike and skiü bad or hard ones while hitchhiking.
- It's harder to find someone who has room for you and your bike.
- You need good bags which should be easy to remove from the bike.
- It s not that obvious for the driver that you want a ride.
- In countries with tiny cars and few trucks its really hard.
It's better in places with lots of pick-up trucks, such as South America.