There are not too many statistics about hitchhiking. Most hitchhikers don't (bother to) keep track of the specific details. Fortunately some do, and it would be great to extract some significant information from their data.
- The waitings time per country/month/weekday
- The percentage of number plates from other countries (e.g. in SK: 90% SK, 5% CZ, 4% H)
- The average distance per ride
- Distribution of distances per ride
- Pickup times over a weekday day/24 hour period
- Greatest distance in 24 hour/365 days
It would be good if all the following data were available under a free license. Creative Commons Attribution would probably be the most sensible.
Some hitchhikers keep track of (part of) their trips on this wiki.