Earth > Europe > Western Europe > Germany > Rhineland-Palatinate > Trier > Quarim
Quarim can communicate in german and english and also can make himself understandable in french and spanish, gaved up to learn russian.
- He was one of the organisators of the abgefahren hitchhiking race 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. He works for abgefahren e.V.
- In summer 2012 Quarim published the hitchhiking story book Hit the Road in german.
Total hitchhiking distance: 34,589 km
Longest waits :
- 3h30 min and then gave up - Raststätte Feistritz, Austria heading towards Slovenia
- 3h02 min and then gave up - Raststätte Göttesbrunn, Austria heading towards Bratislava, Slovakia
- 2h53 min near Praha, Czech Republic
- 2h45 min near Hildesheim, Germany
Shortest wait: no waiting time - only switching cars (more than 10 times)
Milestone of 25,000 km: Hitchhiked on 27th August 2010 between Osnabrück and Hannover, on that day they had a disaster alert in Osnabrück because of heavy rain and flooding. It was also the craziest weather Quarim hitchhiked in.