Earth > Europe > Western Europe > Germany > Baden-Württemberg > Karlsruhe > MrTweek
<travelmap countries="de,nl,be,fr,lu,at,hu,pl,ch,gb,ie,sk,cl,cz,li" width="507" description='Countries, where MrTweek has hitchhiked' />
So far, he hitchhiked in Germany, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, England, Wales, Ireland, Poland, Switzerland, Chile, Czech Republic and Liechtenstein. He speaks German and English, some Spanish and a bit of French and Dutch.
He started hitchhiking in May 2006 and did more than 21 000 km since then. See details on his overview of hitching Trips.
He also tries to keep track of his hitching trips on google maps (kind of outdated though). Check it out.
- Longest Ride: 625 km, from Linz, Austria to Montabaur, Germany, In August 2006.
- Fastest Trip: 200 km in 1:20 including waiting times with 2 lifts from Dortmund to Hannover in August 2007.
- Longest distance on one day: 916 km From Vienna to Düsseldorf in August 2007.
- Fastest Lift: Some guy from Kiel, driving up to 260 km/h on the German A7, together with platschi in September 2007.
- Worst waiting time: 6 Hours for 18 km from Bratislava to the Hungarian border, while walking half of the distance, August 2006.
- Biggest amount of people hitched with: About 40, on the back of a little truck, May 2009.
- Hitchwiki.org runs on MrTweeks webserver, along with some other webpages.
- He developed Liftershalte.info, a web-based map, where hitchhikers can mark good hitching spots.
- He works as a volunteer for abgefahren e.V.
- Organizer of the abgefahren hitchhiking championships in 2008 and 2009.