Stefan is a German hitchhiker and president of the german competetive autostop club. Actually he is hitchhiking around the world. You can follow hi stories on warm roads in German and English. His blog also provides a variety of hitchhiking analyses and techniques.
- Denmark, Germany Czech Republic (2007)
- Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon (2008)
- Moldova, Ukraine, Poland (2009)
- France, Spain, Portugal (2010)
- Sweden, Norway, Svalbard (2011)
- Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar (2012)
- Gibraltar, Canaries, Caribbean (2014)
- Venezuela, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, United states, Canada (2015)
- Japan, Hong-Kong, China, Kazakhztan, Azerbaijan, Iran (2016)
- Longest ride: 2676km Tok Alaska to Cache Creek in British Columbia.
- Longest waiting time: 9 hours 54 minutes, 19th of January 2015 at the border between Uruguay and Brazil in Chuy.
- Fastest middle distance tour: 1740km in 27 hours in the year 2010. From Barcelona to Leipzig.
- Fastest long distance tour: 6394 km in 78 hours and 45 minutes in January 2016. Thousand Islands US/Canada Border to Beaver Creek Yukon territory.
- Longest DIstance ever taken without break: 12.915 km while hitchhiking the Four Corners Of China
- Most useless hitch: Going with Platschi from Leipzig to Prague to drink one night and back in the next morning.
- November 2014 successfully hitching across the Atlantic with sailboats
- 23. August 2015 first successful lift with an (small) ariplane.
- 1. September 2015 first successful attempt to hop a freight train.
Going by hitchhiking 18.000km from Germany to Uruguay including hitch with sailing boats and planes. There are logs existing with detailed information about waiting times, positions and trips. Since entering Tenerife there is a full log of the hitchhiking tour. Check my Hitchhiking in...-articles or the Statistically conlsucions of my South America crossing