Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 25-28 May 2012 - 5th German Hitchhiking Championships organized by Abgefahren e.V. starting from Braunschweig.
- 15-17 June 2012 - 2-day competitive autostop race organized by DTSG through Northern German countryside. For registration and further information, see here. (German)
- 26.-27.05.2012 TramperInnentreffen 2012, close to Hannover, Germany
- 27.05.2012 abgefahren e.V. Mitgliederersammlung, close to Hannover, Germany
- Summer 2012 - Transglobal Autostop Race (around the world), organized by PASL.
- 5-6 May 2012 - Baltic 2012 hitchhiking race starting from Vilnius, Lithuania, arranged by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Check Facebook event for English description.
- 28 April - 2 May 15th International Hitchhiking Competition from the Sopot to Dubrovnik organized by Polski Klub Przygody
- 7 April Costume competition: hitch to Dresden in a costume organized by tramprennen.org
- 6-9 April 2012 Competitive autostop lectures in Leipzig, Germany, organized by the DTSG. Website in German, lectures in English.
- 9-11 March 2012 - DTSG organizes a 2-day race through Germany, see their website for registration & more information
- Until end of january 2012 Quarim is collecting hitchhiking storys and tales to make a book from it. The book will be in german but he can translate. If you want to write your story, contact him!
- 13-15 January 2012 DTSG meeting in Leipzig, Germany. Information (German) and registration e-mail to be found here. Everybody is welcome!
- 22 August 2011 - Tramprennen 2011 - hitchhike race for drinking water from Basel,Hamburg and Berlin to Greece. 60 Teams, 5 routes, 2 weeks!
- 19-21 August 2011 - Thumbs Up Hitchhiking Race - hitchhike race for 1000 km around Lithuania for Lithuanian Fund for Nature. Starting point at 9.30am on Vilnius Cathedral Square.
- 8-15 August 2011 - To The Fringe with a Farthing Graham Eccles, poet and Balloon Sculptor hitches Cornwall to Edinburgh with a Penny Farthing
- 5 August 2011 - North American Hitch Hiking Race from Brownsville, Texas (USA) to Britt, Iowa (USA).
- 5 August 2011 - European Hitchhiking Gathering in Kara Dere at the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria.
- 15-17 July 2011 North American Hitchhiking Gathering near Portland, Oregon, USA.
- 11 June 2011 - 4th German hitchhiking championships, starting in Freiburg im Breisgau.
- 7 May 2011 - Baltic 2011 hitchhiking race starting from Vilnius, Lithuania, arranged by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Check a Facebook event for English description.
- 7 May - 8 May: hitchhiking contest from Ghent (Belgium) to a secret destination! more info: [email protected]
- 12 May 2011: First Odense International Hitchhiking Championship and Crowning in Denmark
- 30 April - 3 May 2011 Hitchhiking Race from Wrocław to Barcelona
- 2 May 2011 - Hitchhiker's and all sorts of groovy people-gathering in Göteborg, Sweden
- 21 April - 23 April 2011 - The-60-hour-race from Hamburg to as far as you can go and back, starting in Hamburg.
- 1 April - 3 April 2011 - Voting to decide the location of the European Hitchgathering closes and pre-Meeting in Magdeburg, Germany. More here!
- 4 December 2010 - Abgefahren e.V. informal meeting in Berlin, Germany. 7pm, Café Tristeza, Pannierstrasse 5 (U Hermannplatz).
- 6 - 8 November 2010 - The biggest hitchhiking-race of France: Pouce d’Or, from/to Nantes (See CS for English)
- 1 - 3 October 2010 - 14th anniversary of Vilnius Hitch-hiking club, Lithuania
- 23 August - 9 September 2010 - Viva con Agua Tramprennen, Hitchhike race from Hamburg, Germany to Vama Veche, Romania; facebook page, about Viva con Agua
- 21 August, 2010 - North America Hitch Gathering in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- 20 August, 2010 - North America Hitch Gathering, pre-meeting in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- 12 August 2010 - , Hitchhikers' meeting organized via Couchsurfing in Serbia. Contact Kipan (french hitchwiki) for more information!
- 6 August 2010 - European Hitchhiking Gathering, location somewhere in Portugal.
- 1 August 2010 - European Hitchhiking Gathering, main pre-gathering in Barcelona.
- 11 - 13 June 2010 - Lithuanian Hitchhikers Gathering in Lithuania. Event's Facebook page.
- 4 June 2010 - Hitchhiking race from Augsburg, Germany to Slovenia.
- 28 - 30 May 2010 - Road Junky Travel Film Festival in Berlin, Germany.
- 1 - 3 May 2010 - 13th International Hitchhiking Competition by Polski Klub Przygody from Sopot, Poland to Prague, Czech Republic
- 28 April 2010 - Meeting with founder and President of the World largest hitchhiking club "Academy of Free Travel" (Moscow), travel writer Anton Krotov in Vilnius, Lithuania, organized by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Beginning on 6 pm in Vilnius Travelers Club, Kalinausko st. 9. In Facebook and event page.
- 24 - 25 April 2010 - The 15th public hitchhiking race "Baltics 2010" Vievis - (1100km) -Vilnius, Lithuania organized by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. In Facebook and event page (translated in English).
- 15 March - 23 April 2010 - The Hitch, the biggest organised fundraising hitchhiking event in the UK, either towards Morocco or Prague, with approx. 1,000 hitchhikers to take part!
- 1 - 6 April 2010 - Hitchhiking Race from Bratislava to Rome (info)
- 28 - 29 March 2010 - Hitchhike contest in Ghent, Belgium.
- 13 - 14 March 2010: 6/8/10 coordination meeting in Berlin! If you're planning on coming, please response to this forum entry on the website and we keep you updated.
- 2 - 4 October 2009 - 13th anniversary of Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club, more information & registration here.
- 4 - 6 September 2009 - Annual German hitchhikers meeting near Heidelberg, Germany.
- 18 August - 2 September 2009 - Viva con Agua Hitchhike Race, Part II. Hitchhiking Race from Kiel to Dubrovnik for a small NGO called Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli, located in Hamburg-St.Pauli. Aim is to call attention for the lack of drinkwater worldwide and to promote hitchhiking as a special way of travelling. See report from last year here [].
- 7 - 13 August 2009 - 2nd European Hitchhiking Week, 789. Hitchhikers from all over the world will converge on Odessa in Ukraine, Eastern Europe.
- 2 - 5 July 2009 - Hitch Hike to SoS 09 Hitch Hiking competition running from Sydney to Melbourne, Australia, for the upcoming Students of Sustainability conference.
- 26 June - 5 July 2009 - The Trip, hitchhiking adventure game through Europe, starting in Biel, Switzerland.
- 26 June - 28 June 2009 - Hitchhikers Gathering in Lithuania, annual hitchhikers meeting organized by Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club. Event is being organized every year since 1997.
- 12 June - 13 June 2009 - Second German hitchhiking Championship, a great hitchhiking race from Karlsruhe, Germany to a secret destination.
- 15 May - 17 May 2009 - Power to the Pepper hitchhiking race from Rotterdam, Netherlands to Prague, Czech Republic with about 50 participants
- 1 May - 3 May 2009 - International Hitchhiking Championship of Polski Klub Przygody from Gdansk, Poland to L'viv, Ukraine with about 300 participants
- 10 March - 30 April 2009 - The Hitch is a Charity Hitch from the UK to Prague or Morocco.
- 25 April - 26 April 2009 - 14th public hitchhiking competition "Baltics 2009" of Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club with about 100 participants
- 25 April 2009 - Bulgarian hitch-hiker's gathering Hitch-hiking with masks in Madara - that is, going to the gathering hitching with funny masks on! Meeting near the historical & cultural horseman monument (map). More detailed information on stopbg.com
- 26 - 30 January 2009 - Random Roadworks - Hitchwiki workweek in Amsterdam. Ever dreamed about finishing a hitchhikers magazine? Check out this forum topic.
- 16-18 January 2009 - National Backpacker's/Hitchhiker's Meeting at Lago Quillén, Neuquén Province in Argentina.
- 5-6 December 2008 - Eurizons 2008: A Call for Climate Justice: Hitchhiking Campaign to the COP 14 (5.-6.12.08) and exhibition 'Voices from the South' in Poznan
- 29 November 2008 - Hitchhikers meeting in Enschede, Netherlands. Check out this article for closer information!
- 11-12 October 2008 The 3rd Edition of the Big Belgian Open Hitchhiking Contest. Short and intense, involves hitchhiking to secret location, drinking beers and camping outside. Good clean hitchhiking fun!
- 3-5 October 2008 - The Vilnius Hitch-hiking Club celebrates it's 12th anniversary. For more information, check out their website.
- 5–7 September 2008 - The Annual abgefahren e.V. club meeting will take place at Oberkeil close to Bayreuth. Open for everyone. Workshops, talks, etc. More info and registration here.