What to put into the article and what not
Hi Robert, before i answer i would ask you to participate in a constructive discussion here. Insultings and overreaction will lead nowhere. I try to react on your posting in a respectable way and i also ask you to show a bit more respect in this further discussion. Thanks.--Korn (talk) 05:30, 21 September 2015 (CEST)
I put the Guiness Book Part out, because compared to the amount of information in the other headlines, this seems to be a bit too much and too boring (to be honest).
- It is also the source of the only authenticated records!
Also the "Suggestions" are a bit useless. I vote to exclude this.
- You can vote what you want, getting 32 rides on a day is something only an (censored) would consider an achievement...
The "Most rides in one day" came up in a Facebook discussion. Not by me. Is there anything you have to say to my vote, except "You can vote what you want"? I will be glad to hear your opinion.
"Further reference" makes sense to me in this article and can stay.
Maybe the "Guiness Book of Records Hitchhiking" fit more into another article about the History of Hitchhiking within the Guiness Book.
- No, they are records, no need to create more pages.
Actually listing all the times from each year is not a record at all. Furthermore i still dont think anyone is interested in it. If you want to keep it, then keep the actual record time. But for a general overview in this article, i would exclude all records that are regarding to a specific route, just because it is getting too much and you can theoretically put and route in it, you want.--Korn (talk) 05:29, 21 September 2015 (CEST)
The 24 hour entry of you Robert is included in the new list. No need to have it twice in the article. I furthermore don´t see a point to just copy paste the old article under the new one. Maybe you want to explain your intention with this edit. :)
- It was a nice article about records, until someone decided to act first and talk later - FWIW, there is a "Preview" button, no need to make umpteen changes of a single line!
The article was unfinished, as the introduction stated it. I added all record from the VHHC Club. Beside bitching around without giving any argument it would be nice if you could explain yourself without being so rude. Thanks. I gave your the opportunity for it and i just wanted to understand your behaviour. And again i ask you, why there is a need to put your record under the list, if it is already included? --Korn (talk) 05:29, 21 September 2015 (CEST)
I will stop editing, before we worked something out here.
- Very good, then I can also try to put Miran Ipavec's records back, which you also carelessly wiped off the page!
- And finally, only ass-backward Britsh and Americans use am and pm times, the rest of the world is quite happy with 24 hour times!
World Records related to hitchhiking has been removed from guiness book years ago. why shouldn't we start a new list? what do you think? how can somebody prove a world record? any ideas? --Quarim 07:31, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- we could allow people to claim a record, until someone else overrides it? Persons should be in our trust-networks for matter of knowing it is true or not. --Robino 14:00, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
... is virtually impossible and that's why (or so I guess) the Guinness Book of Records has stopped accepting them. I asked the four drivers who helped me cover the 2,318.4 km for their names and addresses, but Guinness initially wasn't interested. It was only because I'd been in touch with Ken Welsh a couple of years earlier, to point out that someone had plagiarized his "Hitch-Hikers Guide to Europe" that they relented.
If we're going to set up a records page, it will depend on honesty and we should only accept claims from people who actually keep some kind of logs. My € 0.02... --Prino 18:13, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
North Cape to Gibraltar
That one seems a little odd - is it in hitchhiker's popular culture, or why is it there instead of maybe North Cape to the Algarve or to Sicily or to the Bosporus?--Zenit 18:50, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- It is very odd indeed, Faro to Riga had a race, so that would be a more worthy inclusion... Prino 22:56, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-11 15:27:04, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-12 02:01:55, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-13 02:02:20, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-14 02:02:13, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-15 02:02:05, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-16 02:02:01, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-17 02:01:55, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-18 02:01:39, 404 Not Found
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-19 02:03:39, Socket Error: 'Connection timed out'
- In Hitchhiking World Records on 2010-11-20 02:03:28, 404 Not Found
--Lanigiro 03:03, 20 November 2010 (CET)