Logistics in Paris
What needs to be done before the 888?
Practically we are still looking for 'some' help.
- Organise a local Project 888/Meeting in your country/ city to welcome hitchhikers on their way to Paris, and promote this event in your own locality!
- If you live in Paris, we would like to know if some of you would be interested in hosting. We could set up a pool of interested hosts, so everyone can contact you by themselves, or if you are more flexible set up something collective (all participants are members of either CS, HC or Bewelcome)
- We would also like to know if there is any spot in Paris or close to Paris where we could go in the evening to camp (wild) or sleep in a park. Do you know?
- We would like to know if there is any social center, gym, park where we could possibly stay over with the whole group for free (or a little fee). Do you know?
- We are also making a documentary out of the whole event. If you are a filmmaker, please join! If you live in Paris, we are also looking for a place where we can hook-up laptops and upload film-material on the 8th of August (not too far from the Eiffel Tower).
Please read your way through this e-mail group and share your thoughts and ideas!
For the 9th we plan an open-space day with workshops and discussion groups. The proposed theme for this day is 'The Modern Nomad', and we are looking forward to combine this with discussions and skill-sharing on how to be a nomad, hospitality exchange and sustainable travel. If you have skills to share and/or u want to learn from others, do come! Also, we are still looking for a location, so if you have suggestions, please!
- Find a nice place for the Open Space Day in the afternoon with workshops closely related to hitchhiking and hospitality exchange
- Need to find a bar where we could spend saturday-evening.
- Brunch starting at 1pm at Parc des Buttes de Chaumond?
I would like to be a volunteer on 888
- Daniel LE HOANG: 01 34 70 72 36. [email protected]fr
- Help spreading the press-release in your country and be a contact-person for press to answer inquiries.