Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hitchwiki is a collaborative website for gathering information about hitchhiking and other ways of extremely cheap transport.Feel free to share your knowledge with us!
15 March 2020 REISMARKT: the travel fair for independent travellers, Bruges, Belgium. There will be a panel discussion (in dutch) on hitchhiking at 12h30. More info on canceled
- 11-19 April 2020 Trustroots Hackweek. Due to present circumstances the hackweek will be focussing on online meetups and the real life gathering is postponed.
- 4-7 July 2020  Conference Panel - "Autostop/hitchhiking: socio-spatial understandings" at the Anthropology and Geography: Dialogues Past, Present and Future conference (London).
- 17-18 July 2020 BreakOut 2020 - 36h charity travel competition. Starting from Munich, Berlin and Cologne, Germany. More info on 
- 15-23 August 2020 9th European Hitchhiking Competition (EHC2020) from Vienna to Tbilisi. More info on 
- 27 April 2019 - New Mailing List: since the old mailing list is down a new one was created on riseup.net: https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/hitch | Subscribe and share with the users or the old mailing list as all the data was lost together with the list
- 19 Febuary 2019 Reasearch: "Please participate in the survey about emotional intelligence of hitchhikers if you haven´t done it yet." Check https://www.soscisurvey.de/EI_hitchhikers_eng/
- 1st - 24th December 2016 There is an advent calender on tramprennen.org. One story about "first time-hitchhiking-experiences" is published everyday. Check http://tramprennen.org/blog/
- 15 November 2016 The first app ever published by Hitchwiki is now available for free (as always) on the Play Store. Download it and keep track of the spots where you hitchhike, your waiting times and so on. In a future version the app will offer you an option to sync your hitching spots with Hitchwiki with no extra work. MyHitchhikingSpots. Special thanks to a random guy who gave an Android phone to one of our hitchhiking developers while traveling in Sweden!
- 25 June 2016 A new official hitchhiking spot has been opened in the Dutch town of Oldemarkt, in response to the insufficient public transport to Steenwijk. In addition a FB group was created to encourage ridesharing on this route.