- How to add information
- What can I do to improve this wiki
- What should be done
- I want to translate articles
- Who administrates this wiki?
- I can improve the design of this website
- I have technical skills. Where is the code?
- 1 Contents
- 2 Contribute
- 3 Community Portal discussion archives
- 4 Administration
- 5 Community
- 6 An Idea
- 7 recent changes across all languages
- 8 Testers wanted for Android app
- 9 OAuth support plan
- 10 Stickers
- 11 Preferences
- 12 Linking user contributions to the User/User_talk pages
- 13 History merge?
- 14 Sign for a motorway ramp, where is no onramp
- 15 Dev questions
- 16 CAPTCHA bug
Leave your comments and questions below.
Hey guys - I'm kinda getting a little frustrated by this now as it appears nobody is doing anything about it. I have attempted to contact hitchwiki several times and not had any response at all - so I'm reaching out on here to see if anyone can help. Everytime I try to add a place it gives me the error message - "could not add place due to error". I've tried this in several browsers. Also when typing in locations into the search box for the map I'm just taken to places in Germany. Please can someone have a look at these bugs? I've been requesting a fix for a long time. Thank you.
I was reading some topics on the forum squattheplanet.com and saw that they have some kind of discussion over people that you might meet when traveling around and why is good to avoid them. Some are just because they lie to you or simply because they are annoying but others are there for reasons more serious as stealing all your stuff, violent behavior or even rape. When I saw it the first time, I thought of it as a good idea and something that to my knowledge is not around for other countries (the forum is mainly about US travelers). Im thinking that HW is such a popular website that could host some sort of list of sketchy people and hopefully minimize incidents on fellow travelers that visit this site.
I know its quite a challenge to decide when someone's comments are good enough to be trusted. So that is why I come here and propose this idea, to maybe start talking about a way in which people can start reporting on other people' s behavior (or even places, events, etc) and that this can be transmitted to other travelers.
- Sorry, such a list would be totally illegal in Germany (where Hitchwiki is hosted & legally based) as well in other European countries. Dangerous/illegal stuff should anyway be reported to local police. Let's concentrate building better peer review / reference systems on BeWelcome and Trustroots. Feel free also to improve "Awareness" section under Safety. Thanks for suggesting tho! -Mikael (talk) 19:57, 2 March 2015 (CET)
recent changes across all languages
Testers wanted for Android app
I'm working on a script to convert MediaWiki dumps into an app. There's now an Android app for Hitchwiki. It's really alpha and not very usable yet. Your bug request and feature requests are very welcome. guaka (talk) 21:39, 14 March 2013 (CET)
- The link to the app is not working. Not found on that server. Glavkos (talk) 16:40, 26 April 2013 (CEST)
OAuth support plan
I noticed that hitchwiki has OAuth extenison installed which is listed on version page: http://hitchwiki.org/en/Special:Version But it seems has some configuration problems: http://hitchwiki.org/en/Special:OAuthListConsumers Does hitchwiki has any plan on supporting OAuth? --VcamX (talk) 07:29, 4 July 2015 (CEST)
- Yes! It's on the list definitely. Do you have some specific reason you'd need it? -Mikael (talk) 20:27, 5 July 2015 (CEST)
I've seen that 5 years ago the idea to make Hitchwiki stickers was proposed but I have seen nothing like it on the website. Wouldn't it be a good idea to make one now that the Hitchwiki logo is quit good ? I think that will be a very good way to spread the word about the hitchwiki, I've met a dozen of hitchhiker on the road this last week I could have give one stickers (with the url on it) to each of them. And we could stick them on hitchhiking spot What do you think ? LowBat (talk) 16:52, 16 August 2015 (CEST)
- Actually there are now Hitchwiki stickers. They were distributed in numbers at the 2015 Hitchgathering in France a few weeks ago. --Fverhart (talk) 23:16, 20 August 2015 (CEST)
- I've reported this on Github on 3 July, PM'ed Guaka and Mikael, but nobody seems to care. There's another problem with the same result,
- "Database error
- A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software." Prinoblog, talk 15:43, 22 August 2015 (CEST)
Linking user contributions to the User/User_talk pages
Is it possible to merge page histories? I just copied and pasted the text from Nova gorica to Nova Gorica to have all the information in one place, but if we could merge the histories that would be much better for proper attribution. -- Irningston (talk) 17:48, 6 September 2015 (CEST)
Sign for a motorway ramp, where is no onramp
A lot of motorways have junctions, where an onramp doesn't exist. I created these signs and ask, which of these is best qualified to understand, that there is no onramp in this direction? --GeorgDerReisende (talk) 18:26, 15 October 2015 (CEST)
What is the best place for development related questions/bugs currently? I found GitHub and google group, but they seem to be inactive for at least half a year.--alexy (talk) 17:11, 14 December 2015 (CET)
I can add an external link to an article, and never have to do a CAPTCHA. But then, when I try to edit my user page, I have to do a CAPTCHA. Every time I resubmit the form, it sends me back to the edit page asks me to do the CAPTCHA. So I can't add external links to my user page at the moment. -Keith Feb. 11, 2016