- How to add information
- What can I do to improve this wiki
- What should be done
- I want to translate articles
- Who administrates this wiki?
- I can improve the design of this website
- I have technical skills. Where is the code?
Leave your comments and questions below.
I was reading some topics on the forum squattheplanet.com and saw that they have some kind of discussion over people that you might meet when traveling around and why is good to avoid them. Some are just because they lie to you or simply because they are annoying but others are there for reasons more serious as stealing all your stuff, violent behavior or even rape. When I saw it the first time, I thought of it as a good idea and something that to my knowledge is not around for other countries (the forum is mainly about US travelers). Im thinking that HW is such a popular website that could host some sort of list of sketchy people and hopefully minimize incidents on fellow travelers that visit this site.
I know its quite a challenge to decide when someone's comments are good enough to be trusted. So that is why I come here and propose this idea, to maybe start talking about a way in which people can start reporting on other people' s behavior (or even places, events, etc) and that this can be transmitted to other travelers.
- Sorry, such a list would be totally illegal in Germany (where Hitchwiki is hosted & legally based) as well in other European countries. Dangerous/illegal stuff should anyway be reported to local police. Let's concentrate building better peer review / reference systems on BeWelcome and Trustroots. Feel free also to improve "Awareness" section under Safety. Thanks for suggesting tho! -Mikael (talk) 19:57, 2 March 2015 (CET)
recent changes across all languages
Testers wanted for Android app
I'm working on a script to convert MediaWiki dumps into an app. There's now an Android app for Hitchwiki. It's really alpha and not very usable yet. Your bug request and feature requests are very welcome. guaka (talk) 21:39, 14 March 2013 (CET)
- The link to the app is not working. Not found on that server. Glavkos (talk) 16:40, 26 April 2013 (CEST)
OAuth support plan
I noticed that hitchwiki has OAuth extenison installed which is listed on version page: http://hitchwiki.org/en/Special:Version But it seems has some configuration problems: http://hitchwiki.org/en/Special:OAuthListConsumers Does hitchwiki has any plan on supporting OAuth? --VcamX (talk) 07:29, 4 July 2015 (CEST)
- Yes! It's on the list definitely. Do you have some specific reason you'd need it? -Mikael (talk) 20:27, 5 July 2015 (CEST)
I've seen that 5 years ago the idea to make Hitchwiki stickers was proposed but I have seen nothing like it on the website. Wouldn't it be a good idea to make one now that the Hitchwiki logo is quit good ? I think that will be a very good way to spread the word about the hitchwiki, I've met a dozen of hitchhiker on the road this last week I could have give one stickers (with the url on it) to each of them. And we could stick them on hitchhiking spot What do you think ? LowBat (talk) 16:52, 16 August 2015 (CEST)
- Actually there are now Hitchwiki stickers. They were distributed in numbers at the 2015 Hitchgathering in France a few weeks ago. --Fverhart (talk) 23:16, 20 August 2015 (CEST)
- I've reported this on Github on 3 July, PM'ed Guaka and Mikael, but nobody seems to care. There's another problem with the same result,
- "Database error
- A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software." Prinoblog, talk 15:43, 22 August 2015 (CEST)