- 1 Ambraziškiai
- 2 Visa info
- 3 Organizers
- 4 Pre-meetings
- 5 Other meetings, events
- 6 TO DO
- 7 After-meetings
The 2012 European Hitch Gathering will be in Ambraziškiai, near Molėtai, Lithuania. The location is set amongst an abandoned vodka factory which sits beside a lake, small village and some nature like fields/forest/hills etc. The date is still Saturday 4 August 2012.
In the village there's a shop (we'll inform them so they can prepare a bit). Next to factory we have a good clean lake for swimming. Factory area itself is a bit industrial - but there are patches of grass. And even picnic tables. But it gets perfect around the area: plenty of nature! fields, grass, forests, hills - all for us. There's an old horse stable, or more like ruins of it, just walls; I think inside it we can make very cozy circle around the fire.
Lithuania is part of European Union and most people don't need a visa. If you are from outside EU, it's different from country to country. Share what you know about each below.
Team of people ready to take responsibility on the ground:
- Name | contact details | special contribution/interests
- Mikael / Tuchkus
Assemble and organize on the forum. Then post details here.
Other meetings, events
Almost everywhere, see map.
Be the change you want to see in the world --Einstein
- Tell your friends
- Tell hitchhikers you meet on the road
- Write cardboards with hitchgathering.org, the place and date (and maybe more) and place them at popular hitchhiking spots ... be creative and use your colorful markers!
- Draw your own flyers :)
- Spread the word around hitchhiking clubs and websites in your country/your language
- Post on your hitchhiking / travel / nomad blog or website about the gathering
- Tell your favorite hitchhiking / travel / nomad blog author to write about it
- Organize a pre-meeting (can be early like May/June/July to raise attention and connect people)
- Translate a ready-made article in your local language and offer it to newspapers
- Flyer draft 4.jpg
- Flyer draft 8.jpg
- Flyer draft 9.jpg
- Tell the village shop we're coming in force. They need to put their garbage outside :D
someone that speaks LT put their name here, merci
We can create content simply under /lt/ etc pages, or create multiple websites under WP. I recommend that we don't translate everything, but rather create "about" page in multiple languages - would be useful in future years, too. - Mikael 01:40, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- How do we do that? Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- sent an invitation to the polish hitchhiking clubs - n0id will do it soon, but if you're faster go ahead --N0id 14:14, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
Ready made articles
Find in the link below some material to help you talk to the media entities and stuff like that.
Last year's articles
- Getting big cooking pots to the spot (being organized on the mailing list).
Being done by Bea and Mikael
Being organized in the forum. Write details here.
- Main website: HitchGathering.org
- Facefuck event: Hitchgathering 2012 in Facebook
- Threads in Couchsurfing.org groups (I know, it's an evil corporation led by Satan and his minions but here goes anyways):
(If you could comment on these threads every now and then they wouldn't be lost before the event. Thanks! --Astikain 00:25, 17 July 2012 (CEST))
- Couchsurfing activity/event thing: Hitchgathering 2012
- On BeWelcome forumAnnouncement
(shamelessly bump it every now and then) --Youllneverfindme
- Need a #hashtag suggest below
#hitchgathering too long
- I like that, can be combine with other tags #hitchhiking... Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- Wait, it returns a lot of junk, very bad Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)
- I like the one above. --N0id 14:15, 16 July 2012 (CEST)
- +1 Sitarane 13:55, 17 July 2012 (CEST)