GPS devices that could be useful for hitchhiking.
Maemo mapper is a nice application that lets you track your road. You can download maps from several different services before you go on the road.
- came with nice map software, maps downloadable for quite a few countries (still available at add link)
- you need a car charger for it to be useful
- Many maps can be downloaded onto the phone for offline use. Marble can read Hitchwiki spots, see the how-to.
- Very bad battery time (1-2 days). In 'dumbphone' mode, it lasts about 4-5 days.
- See also high-tech hitchhiking