Difference between revisions of "789"
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
[[File:789-festival-graphic-by-amylin.jpg|500px|thumb|center|Graphic for 789 by [[
[[File:789-festival-graphic-by-amylin.jpg|500px|thumb|center|Graphic for 789 by [].]]
Revision as of 22:07, 14 August 2012
A small group of enthusiastic travelers had decided to organize the first European Hitch-hiking Week.
The aim was to give one location and one time for a rally, and broadcast it to all the hitch-hikers of the world. The place was decided to be the "Champs de Mars" in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France; and the time 10pm on the 08/08/08, hence the name of "Project 888".
150 people showed up from all around Europe and stayed for the 3 days week-end. It was a very intense time of exchange, smiles, and french wine. And they continue to meet every year in a different place.
2008 : The 888 project On 08/08/08 , hitchhikers from all over the world converged to Paris, for the first european hitchiking week.
2010 : Let's choose a new destination ! Helsinki ? Moscou ? Where ever you want ! Just some importants things have to been said :
- We need to pick a place where many people can come without visas and where we have a local organizer.
- The necessity of having a local coordinator/support, like an HH club can be the best.
From the 888 to the 789, hitchikers think that the event is more to promote the concept of Hitch-hiking rather than to all meet up somewhere and have a good time and just drink. This is why the proposal of meeting outside a city was ruled out: we want to be seen by strangers and make some actions in the city ; for example at the 789 in Odessa, we have done a flashmobs about hitchiking to somewhere special and next try to get a lift to the event's place.
New fancy name for 2010?
Moved to 6810/Name.
Moved to 6810.
Please feel free to add your ideas and help organizing the third hitchhiking European week.
- We need a better coordination this year and we can't do it without hh clubs, so contact hh clubs to inform them that their cities can be elected to be the town of the new edition
- will ask at german hh meeting this weekend & maybe there will a destination proposal from germany/abgefahren e.v. --Platschi 12:42, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- who can make a news report of what happen on 789 mixing with a kind of invitation to participate for hh clubs ? --MiSha 10:13, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- Put videos report, news paper on the official website
- We are editing the two tv reports, who can put the two others on the website main pages ? --MiSha 10:13, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- Create a europeean association for the project (not so easy) > More credibility
- I will see what I can do for that in bruxelles (Belgium) --MiSha 10:13, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- we need some name for it as well as some sort of website, what about using hitchwiki ressources for it? --Platschi 12:42, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- start moderated mailing list of the assc., but maybe first the name for it --Platschi 12:42, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- Shut down one interface, google group is really bad process for work together
- we loose time and we loose people, hitchwiki is our house, who is agree ? --MiSha 10:13, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- agree --Platschi 12:42, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- we won't go too far if we keep working using google groups, hitchwiki and the 789 website, let's settle here and start working --Patrishnik 16:03, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
- disagree -- I check my email all day, to use a wiki one has to come and check it manually. Plus, the interface is not easy to use and the discussion is confusing. Much prefer just hitting reply! 18.104.22.168 16:36, 10 September 2009 (UTC)