Corrod3 is a hitch-hiker from Germany, who started hitch-hiking in 2009, when he was 18, and since then became obsessed by it. He has lived in Germany, USA, Mongolia and Russia and has hitch-hiked in various places. From the beginning hitchwiki.org except for some friends was his most valuable source of information to catch a ride. Hitch-hiking is for him more a hobby or sport and not done out of pure necessity.
Corrod3 has been hitch-hiking in
- Europe: Germany, Poland, Austria, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Russia, Turkey, Georgia
- Asia: Mongolia, Israel, (Cambodia but there it was always expected to pay for a ride)
- Africa: Morocco
- Latin America: Nicaragua, Argentina, Bolivia
- Longest Rides
- 929 km from Dean Funes to Salta, staying the night and getting picked up in the morning to go to Cafayate in March of 2014
- Fastest Trip
- Longest distance on one day
- Longest continuous hitch-hike trip
- Fastest Lift
- Slowest Lift
- Around 30 km/h on the back of a truck trailer in North-East Nicaragua in March 2012.
- Biggest amount of people hitched with
- About 15, on the back of a little pick-up in Nicaragua, March 2012.
- Most unlikely vehicle
- A truck transporting a TPz Fuchs (armed and armoured military personnel carrier) in June 2012 in Germany.
- eMail: [email protected]